oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So you're happy the club is signing a noted homophobe then, are you?

Honestly I'm not aware of anything like that, and if he proves to still be a homophobe then of course not. I'm also a grown up and won't write people off for mistakes they made years ago. Can't make a judgement about things I know nothing about mate.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

Honestly I'm not aware of anything like that, and if he proves to still be a homophobe then of course not. I'm also a grown up and won't write people off for mistakes they made years ago. Can't make a judgement about things I know nothing about mate.

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation. After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling. In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot". He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt. He was fined £7,000.

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother. He was freed on bail after three days in custody. In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015. In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge. On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.

Apart from all that he's a decent chap and definitely someone we should have at the club!

4 minutes ago, Will said:

This point is so unbelievably boring. When we're sold the line that we have to cut our cloth accordingly it doesn't really follow that we sign a useless waster who has done absolutely nothing in his career on relatively high wages.

This sounds exactly like we are signing him just for the sake of it 😂

To be fair his championship stats aren't super terrible, contributed to 14 goals in 55 games, 1 in 4 (although they're obviously not great). He might turn out to be a perfectly acceptable short term signing to get us through to the summer. 

5 minutes ago, Will said:

This point is so unbelievably boring. When we're sold the line that we have to cut our cloth accordingly it doesn't really follow that we sign a useless waster who has done absolutely nothing in his career on relatively high wages.

This sounds exactly like we are signing him just for the sake of it 😂

I can’t imagine him coming here for over 10k, over 6 months it’s not all that much. 

I’d rather have Morrison on the bench then Gestede, Liddle and Walker. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Is Salfords interest a red flag to you? And not everything else he's done in his 8 year career at 10 different clubs in 4 different countries on 2 different continents?🤣

He was relatively successful in Mexico until the end where it went awry he hasn't been on the pitch enough is more my red flag here his injury record is near impeccable since 2014 yet he's not been put on the pitch by managers it's very strange you can't say 'well he played awful 5 games in a row so we binned him' there just seems to be these random moments at every club where he's suddenly dropped from matchday squads.

I'll say this about the 6 months he looks set to have with us we are probably his last chance before he's forced down to League 2 level if he has anything about him he'll make the most of whatever chance he gets here. This reminds me of a Mowbray signing taking a relatively cheap punt on the hope of what the player can be (Butterfield, Ledesma).

2 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Sheff Utd fan I know says staff have had enough of him at Blades and want him away from training ground. How many chances will he get?

Wilder was praising him in training earlier in the month. He said his attitude had been good in his press conference 

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation. After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling. In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot". He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt. He was fined £7,000.

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother. He was freed on bail after three days in custody. In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015. In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge. On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.

Apart from all that he's a decent chap and definitely someone we should have at the club!

Okay so there's 3 things here.

1. Look, lets hope he's grown up and learnt his lesson from that domestic abuse incident. It's obviously bad to read but the guy was a kid and, personally, I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

2. Again, the guy was like 18 when he used that homophobic word. Again, lets hope he's grown up since then, boys are notoriously immature at that age.

3. He was cleared of all charges or had the charges withdrawn, so it's not something I'm going to hold against him.

Look, if he proves himself to still be a tit/domestic abuser/homophobe, then I'll be first to be yelling to get rid of him. I'm not willing to write him off because he made some stupid decisions as a teenager.

Am I saying this is a great signing? No, it stinks of a panic move. I'm just saying the sky isn't falling because we signed Ravel Morrison for 6 months.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

6mth loan deal... think once Sheff Utd announce Berge we will announce Morrison. I'm also not sure we are paying too much of his wages either.

Any option to buy? Can’t see what we get out of it if not

Just now, Smogzilla said:

Hes out of contract in the summer anyway I think.

Yes but if the miracle happens and he lights it up, bigger clubs will get him. If he performs badly, he leaves. Lose, lose for us 

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Any option to buy? Can’t see what we get out of it if not

I suppose if we get to a position where we want to buy him in the summer, then that means he’s been good for us in these 6 months. So we get a decent player in a position/squad where we are short.