• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Is Graeme Bailey Adomah's agent, as for Boro's laughable transfer team how dare you impugn former BBC Tees commentator Gary Gill like that Graeme he's done a brilliant job over the past 7 years...

unsure star trek GIF

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Is Graeme Bailey Adomah's agent, as for Boro's laughable transfer team how dare you impugn former BBC Tees commentator Gary Gill like that, he's done a brilliant job over the past 7 years...

Bring back "Gilly's View" on our recruitment policy!

Following his retirement, Gill travelled to the United States to take up a position coaching high school students in San Diego. Gill later worked as assistant manager to Paul Proudlock at Gateshead.[10] In February 2002, he was appointed manager of the club following the resignation of Proudlock. Gill attempted to convince Proudlock to remain with the club but accepted the job when he refused.[11] He resigned from his position in October 2002 when he was forced to cut players wages that resulted in him breaking a guarantee he had made to his squad.[12]

Gill later joined BBC Radio Cleveland, replacing his former teammate Paul Kerr providing match commentaries for Middlesbrough matches and was eventually given a regular column for BBC Tees entitled "Gilly's View".[13][14] He also worked as a buyer for a men's clothing brand and owned the Chadwick's Inn pub in Maltby.[15][16]

13 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Come on Derby paid 5 million for Jacob Butterfield they're on their own planet when it comes to crap transfer decisions! Give use some credit at least we're committing 350k for a 5 month trial. He warrants peoples scepticism I'm sceptical myself but he's on a free for a few months, we don't score enough goals can't find room to sign a new striker so the next best thing we can hope for is an attacking midfielder out of Morrison for 5 months or McGeady for 5 months who would be better for us? Just because of what they could be and it being a write off period anyway let's see what happens with Ravel's trial imo.

I wouldn't want Morrison if we were being paid to take him. He's more trouble than he's worth  

And before people start talking about second chances.. he's had about 15 second chances.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Gill later joined BBC Radio Cleveland, replacing his former teammate Paul Kerr providing match commentaries for Middlesbrough matches and was eventually given a regular column for BBC Tees entitled "Gilly's View".[13][14] He also worked as a buyer for a men's clothing brand and owned the Chadwick's Inn pub in Maltby.[15][16]

His restaurant in Maltby was very good I actually ate there 9 years ago not sure if him and his wife still run it or not I'm guessing probably not given the lifespan of restaurants.

Gill's frustrating because besides Victor Orta and Bevington he's been our most senior recruitment guy for 7 years and I'm not sure he's as terrible as people say at his job it's just hard to make the case he's all that good at it either.

5 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Bring back "Gilly's View" on our recruitment policy!

Following his retirement, Gill travelled to the United States to take up a position coaching high school students in San Diego. Gill later worked as assistant manager to Paul Proudlock at Gateshead.[10] In February 2002, he was appointed manager of the club following the resignation of Proudlock. Gill attempted to convince Proudlock to remain with the club but accepted the job when he refused.[11] He resigned from his position in October 2002 when he was forced to cut players wages that resulted in him breaking a guarantee he had made to his squad.[12]

Gill was pretty good on the radio actually, one of the better summarisers 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Gill was pretty good on the radio actually, one of the better summarisers 

we/ve looked at plenty of good players over the years, but identifying them is just the first part of the equation.

it has to pass by the manager and other people before bidding, and even then there are other factors.

If we can't afford them, if the other club refuses to sell, a bigger club take him  or we're out bid on wages etc

so, can;t really blame Gill for everything

• Like 1