oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Gilling Red said:

If we do sign Ravel Morrison it proves beyond any shadow of doubt that we do not have recruitment team that have any clue what so ever. They have worked tirelessly for nearly a month only to turn up this diamond.  You could not make it up. 

We literally signed Roberts and Nmecha. Roberts was a real coup. Just unfortunate he’s now injured.

We are only after Morrison because he’s now injured.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Gilling Red said:

If we do sign Ravel Morrison it proves beyond any shadow of doubt that we do not have recruitment team that have any clue what so ever. They have worked tirelessly for nearly a month only to turn up this diamond.  You could not make it up. 

The only reason we have looked at getting another player in that position is because of roberts injury. So therefore we having been looking the full month

And despite not doing anything but scouting players and making shortlists of who might be available and who can fit in they come up with Ravel in panic. Surely they went into this window with more than just Roberts and Ravel Morrison as alternatives. Smacks of incompetence.

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

And despite not doing anything but scouting players and making shortlists of who might be available and who can fit in they come up with Ravel in panic. Surely they went into this window with more than just Roberts and Ravel Morrison as alternatives. Smacks of incompetence.

How would people feel about a player from abroad like, Carlos De Pena? A foreign unknown for example surely is worse than Ravel Morrison? 

Base him on his games in a Boro shirt. When we signed George Friend I can remember saying to all my uni mates how he was *** purely because he was playing for Doncaster. He turned out to be one of our best left backs. 

Sometimes a player just needs the right formation, group and manager. It might not be at boro, but theres no point writing him off before hes played a game. 

Surely the Woodgate turnaround also highlights this?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a player I'm still a big fan of maddison. Yes he has only done it at league 1 level but he has done it fairly consistently there. No move for him probably points to his attitude but if we could get them both for the same price wages wise I'd rather take a punt on maddison than Morrison. The attitude thing can seemingly be pointed at both of them but one has produced recently. He won't get 18k anywhere. And I doubt he will when he's a free agent. I'd be pushing for him at a decent outlay. Maybe a million quid. 

the Ravel Morrison deal is clearly just a last minute thing to cover for Roberts being injured and poses no real long term threat to anything... He's clearly got something that all these clubs view as worth taking a punt on, so he definitely has the potential to offer us something extra. And if not then we can all sit there and feel content with ourselves for predicting the obvious doom & gloom scenario..

Anyway, anyone majorly criticising the club on this is a stupid idiot in my mind.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

How would people feel about a player from abroad like, Carlos De Pena? A foreign unknown for example surely is worse than Ravel Morrison? 

Base him on his games in a Boro shirt. When we signed George Friend I can remember saying to all my uni mates how he was *** purely because he was playing for Doncaster. He turned out to be one of our best left backs. 

Sometimes a player just needs the right formation, group and manager. It might not be at boro, but theres no point writing him off before hes played a game. 

Surely the Woodgate turnaround also highlights this?

You only have to look back at his previous 10 clubs and you’ll know exactly what we will get. A handful of appearances and we will be desperate to get him off the books. I’d much rather take a no name lottery ticket. 

8 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

the Ravel Morrison deal is clearly just a last minute thing to cover for Roberts being injured and poses no real long term threat to anything... He's clearly got something that all these clubs view as worth taking a punt on, so he definitely has the potnetial to offer us something extra. And if not then we can all sit there and feel content with ourselves for predicting the obvious doom & gloom scenario..

Anyway, anyone majorly criticising the club on this is a stupid idiot in my mind.

Calling people stupid idiots for having a different opinion on signing a highly controversial figure. Brilliant👏

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Calling people stupid idiots for having a different opinion on signing a highly controversial figure. Brilliant👏

While I don't think you're a stupid idiot (ilyvm BD), I do think you're being somewhat Chicken Little here mate.

7 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

This Morrison is only a 6 month loan isn't it? If he only plays 5/6 games its not the end of the world. He would be gone by the end of the season anyway. 

That's what I thought but then apparently somebody at Sheffield United thinks it's perfectly acceptable to give him a £25k basic salary which I can't imagine we'd be getting out of paying. Again, I just don't see how that salary is right but if it is, there are much better ways we can spend our money.

22 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

the Ravel Morrison deal is clearly just a last minute thing to cover for Roberts being injured and poses no real long term threat to anything... He's clearly got something that all these clubs view as worth taking a punt on, so he definitely has the potential to offer us something extra. And if not then we can all sit there and feel content with ourselves for predicting the obvious doom & gloom scenario..

Agree with majority of your comment bar the last paragraph.