oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

I reckon given that Morrison is only on a 1-year deal at Sheff Utd anyway, there's a fair chance they'd mutually end his contract and we'd be signing him on a free, which would give us a way around the old 5 loan players rule.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Daveymfc said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7404931/amp/How-ex-Man-Utd-prodigy-Ravel-Morrison-way-Premier-League.html

has anyone read this article? I’m not saying he’s a quality signing but this at least gave me some hope...

They is defiently a player in there just his attitude comes across as if he isn't bothered not really putting the effort in that if he did he would of developed into a top player. Hopefully by some miracle Woody and Boro can sort this out

I'm really not sure how I'd feel about us signing Ravel Morrison. He's not exactly done remotely well anywhere he has been. If he does sign I hope he does well, moreso for our clubs benefit, as it means we will have a good player for 6 months.

I said earlier in the window that the Roberts signing felt a bit "meh", but since he has come in he has been a very welcome addition. But I can't help but feel that is partly down to our squad having no-one of any real creativity in the team, so it's easy to standout.

I get people being scepical about Ravel the person but as many said the deal for him from purely a footballing view is no risk.

It seems clear we moved for him because Roberts has got injured. Its a 6 month deal so not sure where we are losing out.

The signing of Obi Mikel was a lot more illogical imo than signing Ravel and i dont remember this level of hysteria over Mikel.

We did not need the mikel yet took him for 6 months on i believe a decent wage. We clearly need someone of Ravel footballing style (attacking player) and i cant for one second think he going to costing us much wage wise. 

Really dont see what we got to lose. If he turns out to be not very good or a p*rick then bye bye in 4 months time

25 minutes ago, Daveymfc said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7404931/amp/How-ex-Man-Utd-prodigy-Ravel-Morrison-way-Premier-League.html

has anyone read this article? I’m not saying he’s a quality signing but this at least gave me some hope...

Morrison has the feel of a maranelli. I would have happily paid just to watch him doing skills in the warm up, and then he rarely performed in the game. This writeup gives the impression that he doesn't have a particularly bad attitude, just that he doesn't put everything in that he should. For people to say he is genuinely a nice lad in an era when players and clubs tend to have a pop at each other when they part gives me hope. Fingers crossed if it does actually happen. If he shows his true potential in the championship he would tear it a new hole. 

Morrison's talent isn't the problem. It's getting it out of him, getting him to be bothered to turn up to training and whatnot. If he's not gonna pull his weight, he can have all the skill and talent in the world and it will count for absolutely nothing.

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I get people being scepical about Ravel the person but as many said the deal for him from purely a footballing view is no risk.

It seems clear we moved for him because Roberts has got injured. Its a 6 month deal so not sure where we are losing out.

The signing of Obi Mikel was a lot more illogical imo than signing Ravel and i dont remember this level of hysteria over Mikel.

We did not need the mikel yet took him for 6 months on i believe a decent wage. We clearly need someone of Ravel footballing style (attacking player) and i cant for one second think he going to costing us much wage wise. 

Really dont see what we got to lose. If he turns out to be not very good or a p*rick then bye bye in 4 months time

I suppose Mikel hadn’t  been charged with 2 acts of assault and threatening to throw acid in his ex-girlfriend’s face

5 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

I suppose Mikel hadn’t  been charged with 2 acts of assault and threatening to throw acid in his ex-girlfriend’s face

All of which were either dropped by prosecution or he was found not guilty of, just thought that's worth saying again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

All of which were either dropped by prosecution or he was found not guilty of, just thought that's worth saying again.

Being accused = guilty if it fits a persons agenda.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

If you read my first paragraph then tje above comment was not worth making really. I was talking about the footballer whilst fully accepting peoples reservations about the person.

The few positives I took from the article were that his attitude appears to have changed and that injuries are what have hampered him just as he started to hit good form.  I don’t expect him to pull up trees, chase down fullbacks for 90 minutes but I do feel like he’s the kind of player that can make me get off my seat when he has the ball. We currently don’t have anyone like that. I personally think it’s a risk worth taking for what seems to be a short term solution.  Im also sat here thinking it could be worse, we could be signing Nile Ranger