• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, nunthorpered said:

Morrison and Moukoudi in tomorrow. Don't think we will get anymore in. Decent window really

This just your prediction or something you been told? I would be happy with them 2.

24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I get people being scepical about Ravel the person but as many said the deal for him from purely a footballing view is no risk.

It seems clear we moved for him because Roberts has got injured. Its a 6 month deal so not sure where we are losing out.

The signing of Obi Mikel was a lot more illogical imo than signing Ravel and i dont remember this level of hysteria over Mikel.

We did not need the mikel yet took him for 6 months on i believe a decent wage. We clearly need someone of Ravel footballing style (attacking player) and i cant for one second think he going to costing us much wage wise. 

Really dont see what we got to lose. If he turns out to be not very good or a p*rick then bye bye in 4 months time

From just a footballing sense there are loads of understandable reservations and red flags. I said when we signed Mikel we were strengthening an already strong position. Whereas with Ravel we need players in his position.

But at least with Mikel we signed a player who had played consistent football at a high level in the past and had actually achieved things during his career.

I'd rather we kept the money back and invested it, in the summer on a player that has less red flags around them (in a footballing sense), and not just someone to make up the numbers.

14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All of which were either dropped by prosecution or he was found not guilty of, just thought that's worth saying again.

He was however given a referral order and ordered to pay costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation, and fined for posting a homophobic threat. Now, what can be said about that is that was back in 2011 and 2012 so the Morrison who did those things might well be very different from the chap he is now, back then he appears to have been young and very stupid. He has paid his fines and done his punishment. A succession of fines at different clubs haven't helped his reputation, so is he now older and still stupid? We'll find out, but there's a reason he's coming to us instead of being kept on at Sheffield United or being chased after by other clubs given his supposed talent. 

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Morrison and Moukoudi in tomorrow. Don't think we will get anymore in. Decent window really

Jordan jones a load of rubbish then

edit: sorry didn’t see the post before when I posted this

Just now, chipchat said:

He was however given a referral order and ordered to pay costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation, and fined for posting a homophobic threat. Now, what can be said about that is that was back in 2011 and 2012 so to Morrison who did those things might well be very different from the chap he is now, back then he appears to have been young and very stupid. He has paid his fines and done his punishment. A succession of fines at different clubs haven't helped his reputation, so is he now older and still stupid? We'll find out, but there's a reason he's coming to us instead of being kept on at Sheffield United or being chased after by other clubs given his supposed talent. 

I was going to say he was like 18 when that stuff occurred and while it's not in any way, shape or form a good thing, one can hope he's grown up since and he should not have that held over him forever more. 

Essentially, what I'm saying is I completely agree with you lol. At the end of the day I suppose we'll find out if he's still a ***!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

From just a footballing sense there are loads of understandable reservations and red flags. I said when we signed Mikel we were strengthening an already strong position. Whereas with Ravel we need players in his position.

But at least with Mikel we signed a player who had played consistent football at a high level in the past and had actually achieved things during his career.

I'd rather we kept the money back and invested it, in the summer on a player that has less red flags around them (in a footballing sense), and not just someone to make up the numbers.

I honestly dont think he is here to make up the numbers. How can he be? Our squad is that thin that no one is here to make up the numbers

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I was going to say he was like 18 when that stuff occurred and while it's not in any way, shape or form a good thing, one can hope he's grown up since and he should not have that held over him forever more. 

Essentially, what I'm saying is I completely agree with you lol. At the end of the day I suppose we'll find out if he's still a ***!

For his sake as much as ours, I hope he's wised up. Either way, for us it's not a big risk to take him on for a few months. Worst comes to worst we can compare him to some of the awful loan signings we've had in the past...

16 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

I suppose Mikel hadn’t  been charged with 2 acts of assault and threatening to throw acid in his ex-girlfriend’s face

Firstly not charged and secondly where has this holier than thou attitude came from in football, he's a footballer not a primary school teacher.

Do we judge Deeney and Aurier for their past too? Or just the less successful players

We can sit here all day listing the stupid things he has done when younger but our club has had many players who been in trouble with the law. Our manager being one.

That does not condone Ravels behaviour but I not read him being in trouble with the law in last few years so maybe he showing signs of maturity.  As @Brunners lets see eh.

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Firstly not charged and secondly where has this holier than thou attitude came from in football, he's a footballer not a primary school teacher.

Do we judge Deeney and Aurier for their past too? Or just the less successful players

He was charged, but the harassment charge was withdrawn, and then cleared of the other charge. Either way, not proven guilty, just being picky about the fact he was charged.