• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Can I call people a faggot on here, just out of interest?

Obviously not.

But I wouldn't ask for you to be banned because you called someone who was abusing you one 8 years ago either.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yep, although people have a habit of ignoring all kinds of things.  In this case they are ignoring most of the games he's played in his career because well, why not?

Logic goes out of the window for fans of most clubs. 

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And if you mollycoddle him, you're not really managing a team. Just think the potential gains don't outweigh what you'd need to put in to get anything out of him. Just listen to what Kevin Nolan said about him and Mark Noble trying to work with him at West Ham, they said he was a nice lad and quality with a football but you know, he'd sometimes just go a week without turning up to training then turn up like nothing's happened.

Yeah when you hear stuff like that you just think what's the point. 

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Obviously not.

But I wouldn't ask for you to be banned because you called someone who was abusing you one 8 years ago either.

I see.  So the 8 year difference is the key to it then?  I'm not really arsed about that stuff although I suspect he's a more than a bit of a *** when it comes down to it.  But I feel like I should be allowed to use the word faggot now as 8 years really isn't a great deal and the world hasn't changed that much in that time.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I see.  So the 8 year difference is the key to it then?  I'm not really arsed about that stuff although I suspect he's a more than a bit of a *** when it comes down to it.  But I feel like I should be allowed to use the word faggot now as 8 years really isn't a great deal and the world hasn't changed that much in that time.

You've clearly ignored the context of my post to start yet another pointless argument with me.

9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The more pertinent point with Morrison is that apart from the odd game here and there he's done nothing in his career. 

He's been shipped from one club to another and hasn't settled anywhere. He could be the nicest guy in the world but he's clearly not doing something right at every club he's been at. 

His reputation of having a bad attitude has followed him round since his days at Man United and theres always a risk with players like that if they are not managed properly. 

I agree this is the main concern to have on him, 40 games in 5 years (9 of which are sub appearances) is a shocking track record and his main red flag for me.

You look at QPR/Atlas he goes there gets himself into the team or on the fringes then all of a sudden a couple of months before his loan ends the managers just drop him from all matchday squads something's going on behind the scenes with him in training it must be. 

To be fair to him Pioli didn't play him at Lazio because he refused to take a tutor to learn Italian and his 6 month contract at Ostersunds was essentially ended after 2 months when he picked up a niggling injury was never really fit again then went on trial at Sheffield. It's not all down to Ravel he insists his West Ham exit was down to him not changing agents to a Sam Allardyce favoured agent his move to Italy just seems like a total wreck but being charitable with all that it doesn't explain the other managers just disappearing him from squads indefinitely after a certain period of time.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You can find a new forum to post on then.

• Like 2

I feel we reached that point we reach every transfer deadline eve day where people are nervous and anxious in the hope we do some business / fearful we wont do anything. This results in petty arguments and bickering which tend to derail the thread on the final day.

24hrs to go so lets stay calm eh (with each other and within ourselves). It will be ok. Come Saturday morning and all will be fine.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What's the context of your post in your opinion?

Homophobic insults were very commonplace in the past, British society has moved on to the point where it's no longer acceptable and most people are aware of that now.

I'm the same age as Morrison, when I was in school "gay" and "faggot" were insults that people used as often as the standard swear words and not everyone who said it was a dyed in the wool bigot. He'd barely left school when he sent that tweet.

LGBT acceptance and the general attitude towards the harm words can cause has came on leaps and bounds in the last decade.

What Morrison said was 100% homophobic, but I'm not having that calling someone a "faggot" in 2012 should be reason to brand him a homophobe for life and cross him off as a potential signing.

• Like 3