oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

If Ben Gibson was going to become a Boro player again I think this would sorted out right from the off.

All depends on whether or not Burnley want to strengthen Watford but for us far too late imho

There is no way Burnley would accept our first offer considering we won't go anywhere near the price they've paid us. He's cost them roughly 3 million pr. appearance and they want to maximise their return. This was always going to go down to the wire and with another club going close I really can't see them accepting our offer at any time.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

There is no way Burnley would accept our first offer considering we won't go anywhere near the price they've paid us. He's cost them roughly 3 million pr. appearance and they want to maximise their return. This was always going to go down to the wire and with another club going close I really can't see them accepting our offer at any time.

think it'll come down to how determined Gibson is to come back.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-well-placed-sign-ravel-17663862

Sounds like the club are close to and confident of pulling off the 2 we thought they'd pull off last night Moukoudi and Morrison.

Gets us through to the summer I guess that's when the serious surgery on the forward areas will be needed.

1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

What would everyone prefer? 

Moukoudi + Benkovic

or

Moukoudi + Gibson

Moukoudi+Gibson if it's a loan with a permanent in the summer. If all are just loans I don't care as both Gibson and Benkovic are both equally short of match practise. Ben might even be further behind as he's struggled with injury.

3 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

What would everyone prefer? 

Moukoudi + Benkovic

or

Moukoudi + Gibson

Yeah, I'd say Moukoudi + Gibson. But probably Gibson + Benkovic, it's too late for that stuff now though

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

think it'll come down to how determined Gibson is to come back.

I doubt Burnely are ready to throw millions out the window just because Gibson wants to go home. It's a lot of money we are asking them waiver if it's true that we are only offering 6 million in the summer.

Just now, Borodane said:

I doubt Burnely are ready to throw millions out the window just because Gibson wants to go home. It's a lot of money we are asking them waiver if it's true that we are only offering 6 million in the summer.

Not if they still owe us money on top of that. If our offer is £6m in the summer and writing off £4m lets say, it's equal to Watfords offer

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Brexit, Boris Johnson, Trump, Woodgate and Ravel Morrison. What a time to be alive 

Congrats .. You have won the BEST post of the thread.. If this was a goal it would be Fletcher's v WBA 😄 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Not if they still owe us money on top of that. If our offer is £6m in the summer and writing off £4m lets say, it's equal to Watfords offer

I hope we're not contemplating spending 10 million on a defender regardless of personal affection. That's just way too much. It'll have to be 6 million included what they owe us (which I also think was the mooted deal)

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

but as we've seen it doesn't matter what offers are made it comes down to will the player move or not.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

Our offer is more likely to be £2 Million, with writing off £4 Million, (£6 Million in total).
It does seem like we are saving our money for the Summer window, but even then I cannot see us outright shelling out £6 Million on one player.