• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I hope we're not contemplating spending 10 million on a defender regardless of personal affection. That's just way too much. It'll have to be 6 million included what they owe us (which I also think was the mooted deal)

I think it's interesting how this could be used for FFP avoidance. Any fee received is instantly accounted for in full in P + L statements whereas purchases are amortised over the length of the contract. So although we would be 'paying' £10m for Gibson, it would only show as £6m over the length of his contract whilst the fee we received for him would still show as the full fee. @DanFromDownSouth you seem to know a bit more about FFP than most, is this a possible loophole clubs could exploit to effectively inject more cash than they're allowed to under FFP rules?

1 minute ago, jamesp said:

Is Moukoudi just a loan or do we have option to buy? 

Just a loan by the sounds of it, would be great if we did have an option as he seems highly rated

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If Gibson happens it's going to be last minute. We know he's already up here so a medical would be easy to do. Just got to see how much of a *** Dyche is feeling like today.

He won't go to Watford IMO.

It may be blasphemy to say this, but I can't help but think that Gibsons behaviour isn't very professional here. Seems very much like a "Braithwaite situation" for Burnley and we all know how our fans took to Braithwaite desperately wanting out. At least he played some games for us.

Just now, Borodane said:

It may be blasphemy to say this, but I can't help but think that Gibsons behaviour isn't very professional here. Seems very much like a "Braithwaite situation" for Burnley and we all know how our fans took to Braithwaite desperately wanting out. At least he played some games for us.

I don't think he's doing a Braithwaite as such but I see where you're coming from.

I hope it all works out for him (and us.)

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

He couldn't be here without the clubs permission. By many accounts him and Dyche have basically no relationship now, maybe Dyche asked him to spend time away from the club?

• Like 1
Just now, Will said:

Ryan Bennett going to Leicester apparently (weird move all round) which frees up Benkovic to go wherever he's going

Wes Morgan is struggling so they still might not let him go. Interesting end to the window though.

I don't know how I feel about this window if it closes with Moukoudi and Morrison. The way it's looking our combined outlay in the past 2 transfer windows will be around 4.1 million pounds or basically Randolph's fee and some change left over. FFP isn't the sole reason for our lack of spending in my opinion we have clawed back plenty of money in fees for players since 2017. Karanka had bigger budgets than Woodgate's had it seems, granted our wage budget is still inflated but the summer coming will be our first clean slate type of summer in years the pressure will be on big time to add quality and depth to the squad.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You might be right, but I think that's harsh. Braithwaite put in a transfer request after all, and talked about how he didn't really want to go back to Boro when he was away on loan. He was one of our more talented players, and in the right mindset he'd have been a starter every game. Without him we were a weaker team. 

Gibson isn't rated all that highly by Dyche, clearly. Rightly or wrongly, it's obvious that he's not going to suddenly break into the first team there. As has been said by someone else, there's no chance Burnley aren't aware that he's been training/gaining fitness up here, and obviously aren't overly concerned by it. Without him, Burnley are no weaker. A move suits all parties if the numbers work.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

He couldn't be here without the clubs permission. By many accounts him and Dyche have basically no relationship now, maybe Dyche asked him to spend time away from the club?

I hope you are right and that he is here with the permission of Burnley. But surely the fans can't take very nicely to it. I know we wouldn't if one of biggest signings and earners are hovering around his old club instead of trying to get into the team. Who knows what's gone on with him and Dyche.

COME ON MFC announce something.... already ... 😉

I really hope we get this French defender. He is pretty good!

Regarding Ravel M. I will say like I did with Woody.. Prove us wrong and everything is good.. Or else, buh bye! 

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I suppose the main difference is Braithwaite was wanted here, where as Gibson has never had a chance there and subsequently fell out with the manager. Still I don't think it's a great situation and can't see it ending as Ben wants it to

11 minutes ago, Will said:

I think it's interesting how this could be used for FFP avoidance. Any fee received is instantly accounted for in full in P + L statements whereas purchases are amortised over the length of the contract. So although we would be 'paying' £10m for Gibson, it would only show as £6m over the length of his contract whilst the fee we received for him would still show as the full fee. @DanFromDownSouth you seem to know a bit more about FFP than most, is this a possible loophole clubs could exploit to effectively inject more cash than they're allowed to under FFP rules?

I'll get back to you as soon as I can with a more detailed explanation, as I am currently stuck at work.

But as a really brief reply in answer to your question, there is no visible loophole as far as I can tell, and thus that would not be a way to fluff the P&L figures.