oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

If FFP was dealt with on a season by season basis then yes we would be able to look at is like you have (The bit in bold). But it is assessed over 3 seasons. So we have to consider previous seasons along with this season, for planning our transfers. 
In the summer we will have more leeway, but we still have to consider any losses for the 2018/19 season (yet to be announced) and the current season 2019/20 losses, when planning what we can spend in the 2020/2021 season.

Totally right - and what’s worse, this years losses will affect the FFP for 2021/22 season, which will cover this year, next year and 21/22

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But then they is a very big reason he never played again as he seem like he had a good debut

Could also be part of the fact that sheffield united are having one hell of a season; with there midfielders lundstram and co being on the form of their lives. Wilder might just not wanna risk breaking up a good thing which they obviously have going. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Totally right - and what’s worse, this years losses will affect the FFP for 2021/22 season, which will cover this year, next year and 21/22

I hope we've helped ourselves out by pushing the Bamford sale. We didn't recieve anything at first. Maybe they made some accounting trick to help out future FFP periods as they new we didn't have big sellable assets in that bracket,

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

That is indeed what I was told he was on but have never had it confirmed. He was definitely top earner.

I find it hard to believe that he was on 65k when he left. I think I remember people saying he was on around 25k at the time he was going to Burnley plus braithwaite was supposed to be our top earner on 50k.

I'm not quite so doom and gloom on us financially I think we're on course to slash the wage bill July to July from 22 million to maybe 16 millionish then the fixed costs on top have us running at a loss compared to revenues still but Boro have always ran at some kind of loss in this division so I'm not sure going forward things will be quite as bad as they could have been if we made certain other signings and commitments proposed by Pulis for example.

The 'deadwood' we have is nothing compared to half the league and we'll be on very stable footing FFP wise from the summer onwards I think things will probably get better I just hope we use our budgets wisely we are really lucky to have not been lumbered with too much deadwood that we can't shift the ones that fit that category are gone in the summer and Saville's maybe got a future or at least showing we can get half what we paid for him if we were to sell I'm pretty optimistic about our finances to be honest.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Sometimes effect is on two balance sheet items. Sell a building and you reduce fixed assets, but increase cash or debtors. Someone pays off a debt to you and you reduce debtors and increase cash.
Sometimes one entry affects balance sheet and other affects profit and loss. Pay wages and it is a charge to profit and loss and a reduction in cash. Go to Boro and pay for a ticket and it is revenue in profit and loss account and increases their cash in the Balance Sheet.
when we sold Ben, say we got £5m upfront, then we take £15m as a profit (because he cost us nothing) and add £5m to cash and £10m to debtors. Normally there is no further effect on profit as the later payments simply reduce debtors and increase cash. This is why selling players ( at a profit) is so good for complying with FFP.

Apologies I was completely ignoring the fact that Gibson's sale would be treated as a disposal in effect and effectively would be total profit, due to coming through the academy (even though I mentioned in my previous post he would be treated as an asset!). What I will say with that in mind however, is the year of sale will still have the same amount of profit recorded. But in the year that we write off what Burnley owe, that will show up as a cost and reduce any potential profit that year?

21 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

its a bit complicated, but I hope this helps to explain it.

It is often a difficult concept thank you for explaining it!
I used to actually teach accounts! 😉 (Believe it or not!).

10 minutes ago, ABH said:

I find it hard to believe that he was on 65k when he left. I think I remember people saying he was on around 25k at the time he was going to Burnley plus braithwaite was supposed to be our top earner on 50k.

I'm sure i remember alot of the players taken relegation wage cuts from the premiered season.

15 minutes ago, MowbraysMoustache said:

Could also be part of the fact that sheffield united are having one hell of a season; with there midfielders lundstram and co being on the form of their lives. Wilder might just not wanna risk breaking up a good thing which they obviously have going. 

It also might be because he only played 12 mins for them in the Premier League and they quickly realised that he wasn't what they wanted as part of their squad.

In the past 5 seasons, including this one, he's played a total of 2272 mins of football in all competitions.  That's about 504 mins of football per season (figuring this season as half a season) or about 51/2 games per season.  He's started 23 games in all competitions and finished 11 of them.  He's played for five clubs over that period - Lazio, QPR, Atlas, Ostersunds and Sheff Utd.  Those aren't the stats of a good player or a good professional.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Is it weird that we still haven't announced Morrison or Moukoudi yet if they were so close?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.leprogres.fr%2Fsport%2F2020%2F01%2F31%2Favant-metz-asse-suivez-la-conference-de-presse-en-direct

Claude Puel just had a press conference he said Moukoudi to us should go through barring unforeseen circumstances and the journo asking notes he has flew out to us as reported before I'm pretty sure Moukoudi will go through.

Morrison there seems to be no real clarity either from the Gazette or Sheff star on whether it will end up that Sheffield are cancelling his contract or a loan that's probably why that seems to be dragging out a little bit.