• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Apologies I was completely ignoring the fact that Gibson's sale would be treated as a disposal in effect and effectively would be total profit, due to coming through the academy (even though I mentioned in my previous post he would be treated as an asset!). What I will say with that in mind however, is the year of sale will still have the same amount of profit recorded. But in the year that we write off what Burnley owe, that will show up as a cost and reduce any potential profit that year?

That's what I wanted to know regarding the Randolph sale before.  I don't see how FFP could include a total for income that we actually don't get.  I mean, I suppose it's possible that FFP does work that way because it's just a set of rules at the end of the day but it would seem odd to me that you could sell a player for a set amount, then buy that player back before all of the actual money has been paid over and it not be factored into the FFP analysis?  I wondered if someone ends up writing an amount off in this way would it just be added as part of the transfer fee and amortised over the contract?  But that didn't seem right to me either.

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Is it weird that we still haven't announced Morrison or Moukoudi yet if they were so close?

I don't think so. Remember, social media faff on gets added on as time taken to announce the deal. The deals themselves are probably done or as close as they can be to being done.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think so. Remember, social media faff on gets added on as time taken to announce the deal. The deals themselves are probably done or as close as they can be to being done.

They might be wanting to announce all of our signings at the same time and we're still working on some?

Just now, Changing Times said:

They might be wanting to announce all of our signings at the same time and we're still working on some?

They could be staging them to announce across the space of an hour or two to allow the news to slowly bleed out and make the most of the web traffic over a longer period of time. There'll be the announcement article, the '10 things you might not know', the first interview with each player and whatever else they want to throw into the mix.

I suspect the Gibson one is one we're still actively working on behind the scenes and that will be announced at the absolute last minute to make sure the fanfare is spot on if it goes through. Either that or it will be so late that it'll be the complete opposite and the social media/website team will be worked to the bone and just put something simple out until tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

They could be staging them to announce across the space of an hour or two to allow the news to slowly bleed out and make the most of the web traffic over a longer period of time. There'll be the announcement article, the '10 things you might not know', the first interview with each player and whatever else they want to throw into the mix.

I suspect the Gibson one is one we're still actively working on behind the scenes and that will be announced at the absolute last minute to make sure the fanfare is spot on if it goes through. Either that or it will be so late that it'll be the complete opposite and the social media/website team will be worked to the bone and just put something simple out until tomorrow.

All three new signings being announced this evening I heard. 

Just now, scotty189 said:

Heard from ?

Nothing special just a mate who has connections to club and ex player or two. I know it sounds typical of what someone would post during a window, but he does know folk within the club. That's all I know from a text. If get any more info will post. 

Just now, Cosmonaut said:

Nothing special just a mate who has connections to club and ex player or two. I know it sounds typical of what someone would post during a window, but he does know folk within the club. That's all I know from a text. If get any more info will post. 

all adds to the drama i'm going for a 5 o'clock announcement