• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, Tudders80 said:

Ben fully expected to be wearing a boro shirt on 1st Feb too. I'm starting to accept its gone now but still hoping. 

He could always go to the club shop on the way back to Burnley, aren't they currently on sale?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Been a good window whatever happens by end of window. Wake up tomorrow a stronger squad.. let's hope we then smash Blackburn 

Has it?  We've got a stronger squad right now but the squad in the longer term isn't stronger.  If it opens up a few doors to future things then great but we have been unable to get rid of players and we've signed a few loans and a lad who has one of the most underwhelming careers you could find.  I think we're miles away from a good window to be honest albeit I wouldn't call it a bad one as others in the recent past have been.

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

You don't have to believe me mate but I wholeheartedly swear we have tried everything within our financial powers to get this deal done.

I believe you as well for what it's worth but it is a little odd that the two signings we've made came completely out of the blue and the stuff spoken about on here hasn't happened.

1 minute ago, Tudders80 said:

Ben fully expected to be wearing a boro shirt on 1st Feb too. I'm starting to accept its gone now but still hoping. 

I believe if Watford hadn't been throwing in bids then the deal would of happened

10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

You don't have to believe me mate but I wholeheartedly swear we have tried everything within our financial powers to get this deal done.

I feel like I should reiterate as it looks like I’m saying those ITK are lying. I apologise if that’s how it came across. Like I said earlier, I struggle to see how it was ever financially viable for us to do this January and I also fail to see how our interest hasn’t been highlighted anywhere else. I just wonder if he was ever a realistic target

1 minute ago, Daveymfc said:

I feel like I should reiterate as it looks like I’m saying those ITK are lying. I apologise if that’s how it came across. Like I said earlier, I struggle to see how it was ever financially viable for us to do this January and I also fail to see how our interest hasn’t been highlighted anywhere else. I just wonder if he was ever a realistic target

He's desperate to come back here and he tried to force Burnley's hand so yes, he was.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Has it?  We've got a stronger squad right now but the squad in the longer term isn't stronger.  If it opens up a few doors to future things then great but we have been unable to get rid of players and we've signed a few loans and a lad who has one of the most underwhelming careers you could find.  I think we're miles away from a good window to be honest albeit I wouldn't call it a bad one as others in the recent past have been.

I believe you as well for what it's worth but it is a little odd that the two signings we've made came completely out of the blue and the stuff spoken about on here hasn't happened.

Yes completely agree.

Shows nobody on here is really ITK when it comes to transfers these days and it's under wraps like it was under the Karanka days.

No1 mentioned the players we signed until it was out in the papers and public eye.

Made quite a few posters look rather foolish IMO but they have made the board very entertaining and shouldn't be criticised for it.

Lots of people including myself have connections with either people currently at the club or previously at the club but it just shows the information we receive isn't always 100% nailed on.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Certainly valid points CT and perhaps what we are told is rubbish and it's just what they want us to release. Certainly doesn't do me any favours mate as I look a bit of a tool. 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I think short term is the priority as it stands, though. The summer window was nothing short of disastrous, and but for a great run of results over Christmas, we'd be seriously looking over our shoulder at the bottom three. As far as I was concerned, this window was about bolstering numbers and hanging onto any decent players we do have. Aside from Randolph, we've done both, when you consider that Bola/Browne and the young players weren't really getting a game anyway.

It's far from perfect, but I'd say we have a better squad of players to pick from tomorrow than we did on New Years Day, and have managed that without spending large sums on transfer fees, which to circle back to your initial point, does potentially help us long term.

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yes completely agree.

Shows nobody on here is really ITK when it comes to transfers these days and it's under wraps like it was under the Karanka days.

No1 mentioned the players we signed until it was out in the papers and public eye.

Made quite a few posters look rather foolish IMO but they have made the board very entertaining and shouldn't be criticised for it.

Lots of people including myself have connections with either people currently at the club or previously at the club but it just shows the information we receive isn't always 100% nailed on.

This not a criticism of your above post @diggerlad07 but to be fair to@Smoggydownsouth he did tell us we were signing Stojanovic a week before it happened and generally speaking he has had his finger on pulse regarding boro imo.

I have said this before. Itk posters can only tell us who we are looking to sign. They have no control over negotiations and whether such negotiations are successful

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's desperate to come back here and he tried to force Burnley's hand so yes, he was.

Is he desperate enough to turn down Watford so he can sign for us in the summer?

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Certainly valid points CT and perhaps what we are told is rubbish and it's just what they want us to release. Certainly doesn't do me any favours mate as I look a bit of a tool. 

Not being too critical mate but I think it's how you post things that opens you up for criticism as the way you word things it's like something is happening. If you started with 'I have been informed' then some posters would take it with a pinch of salt but some posters rely on information being gospel unfortunately.

I have curbed what I have posted because I hear a lot of information but usually it's delayed in what's happening or happened and only post it if I believe it myself or have concrete evidence.

Keep doing what you are doing though mate and don't let the negatives put you off.

There are certain members who it kills them to be wrong and would argue/disagree with whatever people say just to be controversial.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not being too critical mate but I think it's how you post things that opens you up for criticism as the way you word things it's like something is happening. If you started with 'I have been informed' then some posters would take it with a pinch of salt but some posters rely on information being gospel unfortunately.

I have curbed what I have posted because I hear a lot of information but usually it's delayed in what's happening or happened and only post it if I believe it myself or have concrete evidence.

Keep doing what you are doing though mate and don't let the negatives put you off.

There are certain members who it kills them to be wrong and would argue/disagree with whatever people say just to be controversial.

Was he like that as a kid too? 🤣

• Haha 4