• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

@Smoggydownsouth no criticism on my part at all. What i like about you is you are not seeking attention in your posts.

There have been many times when u been asked a question and you just said i dont know as opposed to try and bluff your way through by claiming to be itk about everything.

And without sounding like i got an obsession with you, in my time on this forum you have certainly proven to be more itk than most and your posts are ones i look out for when scrolling through the transfer thread. (Ok maybe i got a little obsession haha)

Thanks again though.

• Like 6

This place would be boring as hell if the ‘ITK’ members didn’t post anything. 

I’m pretty sure SDS, Diggerlad and RAF etc have proved themselves to be well informed in the past, so as far as I’m concerned the info they post is legit. It’s up to other forum members to believe them or not. 

In all honesty I just like checking in, and seeing if any of them have posted anything, there’s something exciting about it haha

• Like 5
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

This place would be boring as hell if the ‘ITK’ members didn’t post anything. 

I’m pretty sure SDS, Diggerlad and RAF etc have proved themselves to be well informed in the past, so as far as I’m concerned the info they post is legit. It’s up to other forum members to believe them or not. 

In all honesty I just like checking in, and seeing if any of them have posted anything, there’s something exciting about it haha

Yet at times the information we all get can be wrong at times.

I was positive after the information that I received that Shotton was off to Wigan or Stoke in this window. It added up when someone posted about him buying a house back in the Midlands as he wanted his children to be back closer to family, yet the transfer hasnt happened.

Appreciate the post though and I will continue to post whatever I hear and I hope SDS and Raf do as well

• Like 2

I dont care if the info is right or wrong I still think this is the best boro related forum.

Posters like SDS, Lurker, Raf and diggerlad add a lot of interesting content, I for one enjoy reading it. Carry on lads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

That's what I wanted to know regarding the Randolph sale before.  I don't see how FFP could include a total for income that we actually don't get.  I mean, I suppose it's possible that FFP does work that way because it's just a set of rules at the end of the day but it would seem odd to me that you could sell a player for a set amount, then buy that player back before all of the actual money has been paid over and it not be factored into the FFP analysis?  I wondered if someone ends up writing an amount off in this way would it just be added as part of the transfer fee and amortised over the contract?  But that didn't seem right to me either.

In terms of the Randolph deal, the money we received wouldn't be able to be shown as full profit. We'd have to consider the fact we paid an original fee for him, but we've discussed that in the past.

So I suppose in that regard there would be no real fluffing of numbers for FFP. The only time I suppose our profit would perhaps be "unfairly" (not really unfair) shown is in the instance of selling players like Gibson, who have no original value if you will, or players in the final year of their contract that we sell for a high price.

I must admit all this is from an accounting perspective, so perhaps you are right in saying that the FFP rule display transfers (selling) in a different way to selling assets in accounts. 

To be honest we've come out of the 2 transfer windows of the 19/20 season pretty well financially our transfer fee outlay is around 4 million we've recouped 17-18 million in fees our wage bill by the time July comes around will have been cut year over year by at least 6 million. People smarter on the FFP stuff than me have said this summer we'll have actual room to work with for the first time in 2 years and we will need it because of the gaps we'll have in our squad. There will be massive pressure on Gary Gill, Gibson and Woodgate come the summer to deliver a squad that makes people believe is capable of the playoffs to do that you're talking 3-4 serious additions and then loans/frees like we did under Karanka.

For the rest of the season let's get Howson/Ayala/Spence/Pears tied down give Clayton and Friend a proper farewell their service to us deserves then get Britt in the goals somehow so he's easier to shift for a decent fee in the summer they have got to be the main objectives for the club now and Gary Gill's got to go find some gems ready to go in July I'm not saying our starting budget in the summer will be massive but with the breathing room we have it should be decent enough to get a couple of exciting attackers and a couple of defenders in preferably not from League 1.

6 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Exactly - if we write it off and pay a reduced fee then for the accounts you are right. Whether EFL would allow us to do that for FFP is another matter. They might tell us to alter the accounts (not the ones that go to Companies  House, but the ones we submit to EFL) to show it as a straight purchase at the larger amount. 

Yeah I look at FFP rules from a purely accounting outlook. So potentially they stipulate specifically how to deal with transfers. But without being directly involved I suppose, we can never fully know. What I will say, when I have read up on FFP and the new Profit and Sustainability rules it does seem to indicate they use the companies house submitted accounts to judge clubs. But I do know there are certain expenses that are exempt, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is a more detailed set of rules that are distributed to each clubs finance departments.