• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

At the end of every window we have frustrated members questioning their fellow posters, it's a rumour thread, some pan out, some don't but they post in sincerity imo.

Thanks ladies & gents for your input.  UTB

• Like 3

My thoughts on the window;

Financially we have done pretty well, we've shifted out a high earner and have brought a direct replacement in, on what can only be assumed, much lower wages. We've also added players to the squad without being tied down with the financial burden of their wages past this coming summer.

In terms of the players we have brought in, I can't help but feel a little unimpressed, but am happy to be proved wrong. Nmecha and Morrison both have experience in this league, but haven't exactly set it alight in the past. After seeing Nmecha, it does look like he could be a useful player for us however. Stojanovic is a relative unknown quantity, but he does have plenty of first team experience, and hopefully has his best years ahead of him. Moukoudi is again an unknown quantity, but plays in a position we are currently lacking some depth in. Roberts looks like he will be a very important player for us once he is back from injury. All in all we have added depth to an incredibly thin squad.

Long term strategy wise through there is definitely a lot of room to improve. As most of these players will be back off to their parent clubs, leaving us once again needing to strengthen in the same positions come the summer. If the rumours are true and we have options to extend Nmecha and Robert's loan deals until the end of next season that will go some way in helping us come the summer.

52 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

we've traded supermarkets by the sound of it...lost a Liddle and gained a Morrison

If only we can sign somebody called Hinton before the window closes, 😂

I think our financial position means that a player with the name Aldi just abit too expensive. 

looks like the summer thread is going to be busy. as I see it we have 

Pears, Stojanovic, Mejias

Spence, Dijksteel, Coulson, Bola

Fry, Woods

Mcnair, Saville, Wing, Tav, Browne

Britt, Fletcher, Walker

Lots to do.

1 minute ago, TheHolgate said:

Looks like Gibson is staying at Burnley. What a mess that move has been. Wasted 2 years of his career.

If he has any sense he will do what he needs to do to get out of that club.

Burnley forcing him to stay there and not play for yet another few months will surely only harden his intention to come back here. I’m sure if he could turn back time he’d have never left us in the first place.

2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Fry, Woods

Britt, Fletcher, Walker

Lots to do.

Totally how is the club actually going to pull the right signings off required for a top 6 push in the summer. 

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Fry, Woods

Britt, Fletcher, Walker

Lots to do.

I'd say if we tie Howson and Ayala up on new deals that will help lessen the amount of work we would need to do. 

Plus we will hopefully have the young lads, that have gone on loan, coming back with half a season of first team football under their belts, looking to push for a place.