oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

8 hours ago, p_mards said:

Burnley forcing him to stay there and not play for yet another few months will surely only harden his intention to come back here. I’m sure if he could turn back time he’d have never left us in the first place.

True but if we can't afford a transfer fee for him he won't be coming back. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

True but if we can't afford a transfer fee for him he won't be coming back. 

It'll be one of those situations; player clearly wants to leave, only wants to move to one club so if club doesn't ease expectations of the fee coming in, they're stuck paying for someone they can't afford to keep as they're never gonna give their all.

Something tells me Burnley will not budge but bigger clubs have in the past. I'd love to have Gibbo back for the right price but this saga is just turning into one of those dreadful examples of player power over clubs. We've experienced this very recently with Braithwaite and whilst Gibson might be on the fringes of Burnley's team, it still must be incredibly frustrating for Burnley to have to deal with him right now.

Get rid of lots of wages in summer which only helps the cause... I think we will let the following leave on a free

Gestede

Clayton

Shotton

Friend- player / coach role

Britt will be sold I agree unless he falls into the wage structure.

Ayala - will offer a contract but not sure he will sign... could see him end up at a fulham. 

The summer will be the big overhaul in my opinion... have to say that the club have done well with what they have done... addressing the wages and average playing add being drastically reduced.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

It'll be one of those situations; player clearly wants to leave, only wants to move to one club so if club doesn't ease expectations of the fee coming in, they're stuck paying for someone they can't afford to keep as they're never gonna give their all.

Something tells me Burnley will not budge but bigger clubs have in the past. I'd love to have Gibbo back for the right price but this saga is just turning into one of those dreadful examples of player power over clubs. We've experienced this very recently with Braithwaite and whilst Gibson might be on the fringes of Burnley's team, it still must be incredibly frustrating for Burnley to have to deal with him right now.

If Gibson is that type of person I'm not sure I'd want him back to be honest. 

8 hours ago, BoroMart said:

Britt is the only one on big money and with him only having 12 months left on his contract he will go in the summer. That leaves McNair, Savile and Fletcher on decent champo money, but not mad money.  We should be in a really good financial position to kick on

Agree Boromart. As DFDS replied earlier, good use of the loan market, some well chosen permanents and the return of some promising youngsters should see a much better season. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

If Gibson is that type of person I'm not sure I'd want him back to be honest. 

Gibson is a Teessider, he knows how to hold a grudge, if he feels he's not been treated fairly. Whatever the reasons for him accepting the move he personally would have wanted assurances about playing time/opportunities which have obviously not been lived up to. So now he'll cut off his nose etc. Just like Cloughie/Taylor.

• Haha 1

Thank you to the ITK members that make this thread so interesting .

SDS, RAF, Lurker,Digger and any I've missed. 

Rumours are just that, but you're inside info majestic for such good reading.

Please keep posting your snippets of info they make all the difference. 

Thank you 

I would like to see Gibson move to a good premier league club and proves his worth. If he is any good that move would be good for him an the club he goes to. Coming back to us appears to be a easy option and proves to me he has little ambition. One fact is true he has wasted 2 years of a short career going to Burnley.

2 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Thank you to the ITK members that make this thread so interesting .

SDS, RAF, Lurker,Digger and any I've missed. 

Rumours are just that, but you're inside info majestic for such good reading.

Please keep posting your snippets of info they make all the difference. 

Thank you 

The ITK pyramid goes like this

RAF gets his info from Lurker who gets it from SDS. SDS is Diggerlad’s alternative profile who gets his info from DZ.  

CT makes all of the transfer rumours up on a whim  of which his son (DZ) deciphers and passes on the truth from the fantasy. So all the thanks must go to the brilliance of Changing Times 

cheers CT 👍😉

• Haha 4
19 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Gibson is a Teessider, he knows how to hold a grudge, if he feels he's not been treated fairly. Whatever the reasons for him accepting the move he personally would have wanted assurances about playing time/opportunities which have obviously not been lived up to. So now he'll cut off his nose etc. Just like Cloughie/Taylor.

We don't know he's been treated unfairly though do we. 

Everyone likes to invent these far fetched stories and they get even more exaggerated where Burnley and Dyche are involved. 

I can't imagine Gibson was ever guaranteed a game when he signed for Burnley. The reality is that he hasn't been good enough or fit enough to get into the team. 

After that I'm sure he'd like to move somewhere else which would be back here ideally. That doesn't mean to say he's downed tools or Dyche is holding him there against his will either. 

11 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The ITK pyramid goes like this

RAF gets his info from Lurker who gets it from SDS. SDS is Diggerlad’s alternative profile who gets his info from DZ.  

CT makes all of the transfer rumours up on a whim  of which his son (DZ) deciphers and passes on the truth from the fantasy. So all the thanks must go to the brilliance of Changing Times 

cheers CT 👍😉

Get a room!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I see Oxford sold 2 players for 3 million yesterday. As Browne has been playing well for them I wonder if they may look to make his deal permanent in the summer

Brentford will turn these into £30 million players in a year or two just how they do things

• Wow 1

Kept hold of every senior player except Randolph, signed 5 players.

If Ravel Morrison and Mokoudi perform half decent then I'd call this a successful January window.

Just a shame Roberts is out for so long and that we couldn't get Gibson back, but we'll have plenty of defenders in a month if Friend and Shotton aren't immediately crocked again.

• Like 1