oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

If Gibson is that type of person I'm not sure I'd want him back to be honest. 

Actually that kind of situation is one instance where I would back the player.

He's barely played since he moved, so the manager clearly doesn't rate him...yet won't let him leave, despite several clubs showing an interest.

Doesn't make sense to me. He shouldn't be expecting a large transfer fee for a player he apparently doesn't want...so I just don't get Dyche's behaviour over this. Surely the best thing for Burnley would be to get Gibson's wages off their books, if he isn't even warming the bench?

They'd have to be mad to think they can recoup the £15m they paid for him.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Assuming neither Morrison or Moukoudi can be involved today?

Think there was a 12pm deadline for the proper paperwork to be submitted in order for them to play today. Judging by when we officially announced the deals I'd say we missed it. But then we could have actually wrapped both deals up early, and just announced them late.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

Gibson is a Teessider, he knows how to hold a grudge, if he feels he's not been treated fairly. Whatever the reasons for him accepting the move he personally would have wanted assurances about playing time/opportunities which have obviously not been lived up to. So now he'll cut off his nose etc. Just like Cloughie/Taylor.

Generally I would agree that player power has grown to ridiculous levels and that clubs usually get the dirty end of the stick.

However, Gibson has barely had any game time since he moved, so I think he is entitled to feel some measure of grievance - unless it was specified when he signed, that he would only be a squad / reserve player.

And if that WAS the case, Burnley were mad to shell out £15m for a squad player.

I mean, how many of us would want to stay somewhere we clearly weren't wanted?

1 hour ago, Gilling Red said:

I would like to see Gibson move to a good premier league club and proves his worth. If he is any good that move would be good for him an the club he goes to. Coming back to us appears to be a easy option and proves to me he has little ambition. One fact is true he has wasted 2 years of a short career going to Burnley.

Well Watford were interested in him, but they were told he is not for sale.

Plus he's not had the chance to prove his worth with Burnley, so he'd be a gamble for any PL team...hence the relative lack of top-flight interest.

The Championship probably represents his best opportunity to re-start his career. Sometimes you have to take a step back, before you can take a step forward. Boro is his hometown...his dad is a senior figure at the club. All things considered, its not hugely surprising.

I mean Downing came back to us from the PL...even if his career was winding down.

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

The ITK pyramid goes like this

RAF gets his info from Lurker who gets it from SDS. SDS is Diggerlad’s alternative profile who gets his info from DZ.  

CT makes all of the transfer rumours up on a whim  of which his son (DZ) deciphers and passes on the truth from the fantasy. So all the thanks must go to the brilliance of Changing Times 

cheers CT 👍😉

This explains a lot! 😂

32 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Assuming neither Morrison or Moukoudi can be involved today?

I reckon Moukoudi could, but that's not to say he will. He won't have had a training session, so we won't risk it, especially if Fry is back

How do we know Burnley are treating Gibson badly?

He's been at Rockliffe training hasn't he? That doesn't sound to me like a club that are holding him to ransom, unless he's just gone AWOL. 

I think he's gone there, hasn't been able to force his way into the team and that's it. I'm surely Burnley will sell him if someone matches their valuation, if they don't then they'll keep him as a backup. 

I know its popular to slag Dyche off on here but I don't know what Burnley have done wrong. 

"Neither Morrison nor Moukoudi were signed in time to figure against Blackburn Rovers at the Riverside on Saturday afternoon. " - Paul Fraser

Listen pinch of salt and everything but Ravel really laid it on in his interview about us and wanting to be here that's a major positive sign for him we always say we want people at the club who want to be here he went above and beyond in bigging us up maybe he does realise the faith and chance we're taking on him he seems appreciative that might be a factor in his social media activity pre empting his move a day before.

Also not sure if this has ever been revealed before but Joleon Lescott is Nmecha's 'loan coach' at City and he let slip yesterday Boro really wanted him in the summer but he chose Wolfsburg that prior interest was a big factor in how he ended up here so quickly this month apparently. Seems he was the PL attacking loan target the Gazette and Woodgate kept hyping up in the last week of the summer window that ended up going elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

"Neither Morrison nor Moukoudi were signed in time to figure against Blackburn Rovers at the Riverside on Saturday afternoon. " - Paul Fraser

Listen pinch of salt and everything but Ravel really laid it on in his interview about us and wanting to be here that's a major positive sign for him we always say we want people at the club who want to be here he went above and beyond in bigging us up maybe he does realise the faith and chance we're taking on him he seems appreciative that might be a factor in his social media activity pre empting his move a day before.

Also not sure if this has ever been revealed before but Joleon Lescott is Nmecha's 'loan coach' at City and he let slip yesterday Boro really wanted him in the summer but he chose Wolfsburg that intereor st was a big factor in how he ended up here apparently. Seems he was the PL attacking loan target the Gazette and Woodgate kept hyping up in the last week of the summer window that ended up going elsewhere.

Maybe Woody can unRavel Morrison's personality probs... (don't hold your breath)

58 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Also not sure if this has ever been revealed before but Joleon Lescott is Nmecha's 'loan coach' at City and he let slip yesterday Boro really wanted him in the summer but he chose Wolfsburg that prior interest was a big factor in how he ended up here so quickly this month apparently. Seems he was the PL attacking loan target the Gazette and Woodgate kept hyping up in the last week of the summer window that ended up going elsewhere.

Nice info re Nmecha 👍

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Actually that kind of situation is one instance where I would back the player.

He's barely played since he moved, so the manager clearly doesn't rate him...yet won't let him leave, despite several clubs showing an interest.

Doesn't make sense to me. He shouldn't be expecting a large transfer fee for a player he apparently doesn't want...so I just don't get Dyche's behaviour over this. Surely the best thing for Burnley would be to get Gibson's wages off their books, if he isn't even warming the bench?

They'd have to be mad to think they can recoup the £15m they paid for him.

Ben left us 18 months ago for £15 million and has hardly sat on the bench never mind play. Where clubs and fans misled because Ben stood out in a relatively average team. I thought Ben a good player but not out standing, but that said, I can’t understand what he has done at Burnley not to be playing. I don’t think Burnley want him and want an exit but not a loan, that’s the reason no deal was made.
I am not a fan of returning players and although Ben would likely strengthen the team, and he is only 27 yro, I don’t see it a missed opportunity. 
I think the window was favorable and we have seen the younger players coming through, so all in all progress. We will only be unbalanced  at the end of season when high earners and out of contract players move on. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Duvel said:

How do we know Burnley are treating Gibson badly?

He's been at Rockliffe training hasn't he? That doesn't sound to me like a club that are holding him to ransom, unless he's just gone AWOL. 

I think he's gone there, hasn't been able to force his way into the team and that's it. I'm surely Burnley will sell him if someone matches their valuation, if they don't then they'll keep him as a backup. 

I know its popular to slag Dyche off on here but I don't know what Burnley have done wrong. 

I'm not sure anyone is saying Burnley have treated Gibson badly. If he's not considered good enough to get into the first team, you have to respect their judgement.

However you also have to query what led them to buy him in the first place. Especially for that kind of money.

Personally, I'm just saying its mystifying that they have reportedly had a fair bit of interest in him, yet have been unable to reach a deal.

Its all very well having your own valuation for a player, but if nobody is willing to match it, that would suggest its too high and you need to lower your expectations.

Plus I don't get why they're against a loan deal, given that loans and loan-to-buy options seem to be the in-thing at the moment.

Its one thing sticking to your guns and demanding big money for a star player...but we're talking about someone who can't even get on the bench, for Christ's sake!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'm not sure anyone is saying Burnley have treated Gibson badly. If he's not considered good enough to get into the first team, you have to respect their judgement.

However you also have to query what led them to buy him in the first place. Especially for that kind of money.

Personally, I'm just saying its mystifying that they have reportedly had a fair bit of interest in him, yet have been unable to reach a deal.

Its all very well having your own valuation for a player, but if nobody is willing to match it, that would suggest its too high and you need to lower your expectations.

Plus I don't get why they're against a loan deal, given that loans and loan-to-buy options seem to be the in-thing at the moment.

Its one thing sticking to your guns and demanding big money for a star player...but we're talking about someone who can't even get on the bench, for Christ's sake!

That's been the theme on here for the past few weeks, just look back a page and people are complaining about him being treated unfairly. 

You are talking like Burnley should be under some sort of obligation to sell him. 

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

You are talking like Burnley should be under some sort of obligation to sell him. 

Nothing of the sort.

No club is obliged to sell any player. I'm simply saying that what has transpired over the last couple of weeks makes no sense.

With hindsight, neither does Gibson's move to Burnley...