• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

And theres absolutely no way Gibson would cost 2mil for a 4-5 month loan. Where on earth has this come from?

It’s come from you by the looks of it!

• Haha 2

My thinking on a Randolph replacement is you go for a cheap option like Foderingham whose contracts running down is available for 6 figures has experience but is the type of signing that you can hold back and if Pears has a real turbulent period you have Foderingham ready to take his run at it. I don't think we need a 33-40 year old PL 3rd choice GK coming in and Pears is the son of our greatest GK I think it's fair to say he's got all the platform there to kick on even if it is a little early to declare him as an irreplaceable 200 app Boro GK I think he's on the path personally but I want that path for the next 5 months anyway as clear as possible I think Foderingham's the type of signing that let's Pears think he has a fight and if Pears drops Foderingham is a solid Championship level GK in my opinion.

I'm shocked Villa aren't all over Randolph they're not relegated yet and I can't believe they're going to trust Nyland for the next 5 months plus Randolph's available for peanuts compared to what's out there for Prem teams.

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd sooner get Ayala's contract extended if Randolph goes, even though I agree we need somebody permanent coming in.

We can extend his contract and bring someone in, I'm sure we can persuade Dimi to come back...

22 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I believe in 16/17 we had an operating loss of £36 mil, so hopefully we should have a bit more room to manoeuvre when that's no longer a part of FFP calculations next season

In 16/17 we were in the Prem and those accounts aren't included in the EFL's 3 year cycle when we got relegated as far as I'm understanding it. So in 17/18 that was Year 1 of our EFL FFP (Profit and Sustainability is the new term) cycle, we effectively started with a clean slate.

We also actually ended up making a profit in our 1 season in the Prem.

• Like 1

Financially we are fine, it really is just FFP restrictions limiting us. 

Our wage bill is far too big. The gamble didn't pay off and we still need to massively cut it. 

Gibson will back Woodgate when he can. 

• Like 7

Don’t really understand the point of FFP to be honest. It’s clearly not stopping clubs from going under. Then you have the likes of Derby and Villa which clearly just don’t care about FFP

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Financially we are fine, it really is just FFP restrictions limiting us. 

Our wage bill is far too big. The gamble didn't pay off and we still need to massively cut it. 

Gibson will back Woodgate when he can. 

Anymore incomings mate? Clarke still on? Thanks for the info! 

Speaking of keepers

The defenders sometimes find an extra gear, when they know the keeper is a rookie. 

We have been hard to beat recently and our goals against is pretty solid.

I wouldn't mind Pears to stay as our #1

• Like 1