oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

36 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Clarke has agreed to join and has visited training ground over the past few days.

Problem I have heard is we were haggling over the loan period because spurs want a 18month loan deal with fee and wages but we only want a 6month loan deal and to review it in the summer. Not quite sure if any party had changed there stance from Thursday when I last heard information.

Randolph hasn't asked to leave contrary to reports in papers today - Boro are wanting to move him on as we need the money desperately and we are happy with Pears performance of late.

I then believe we will finish off with a centre half and our business will be complete. Gibson has said he would come back on loan providing a financial package can be agree but we are way off on that until someone leaves

How much faith do you have in the guy who feeds you this information. It makes sense mind 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Financially we are fine, it really is just FFP restrictions limiting us. 

Our wage bill is far too big. The gamble didn't pay off and we still need to massively cut it. 

Gibson will back Woodgate when he can. 

I appreciate that you're ITK but that doesn't make any sense to me at all.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Means, cash flow isn't an issue. But wage bill and other costs exceed income by more than ffp allows. Therefore we need to lower the wage bill 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I’m guessing it means that we do have money to spend, but we can’t spend it due to FFP

43 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Clarke has agreed to join and has visited training ground over the past few days.

Problem I have heard is we were haggling over the loan period because spurs want a 18month loan deal with fee and wages but we only want a 6month loan deal and to review it in the summer. Not quite sure if any party had changed there stance from Thursday when I last heard information.

Randolph hasn't asked to leave contrary to reports in papers today - Boro are wanting to move him on as we need the money desperately and we are happy with Pears performance of late.

I then believe we will finish off with a centre half and our business will be complete. Gibson has said he would come back on loan providing a financial package can be agree but we are way off on that until someone leaves

Surely makes sense for Spurs to review in 6 months time too, really. They'll want to be sure he's getting the game time and we'll want to be sure we can continue affording him. Seems a shame for the deal to fall down because of that but let's hope we can get it over the line.

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

Means, cash flow isn't an issue. But wage bill and other costs exceed income by more than ffp allows. Therefore we need to lower the wage bill 

Sorry, yeah, I understand what it means, what I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense for it to be correct.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Sorry, yeah, I understand what it means, what I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense for it to be correct.

I'm what way? 

Money in the bank is no longer a measure of finances with FFP. 

It's purely profit or loss per year {and 3 rolling years} 

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That financially maybe this season we are ok in terms of income and expenditure, but due to the past 2 seasons financial performances we are at the FFP limit? That's my take from it.

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’m assuming we desperately need the Randolph money to ease FFP rather than because we are struggling for cash then?

That's the problem with ffp.. you have owners that have money to spend but aren't allowed.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

That's the problem with ffp.. you have owners that have money to spend but aren't allowed.

On the flip side it stops chairmen running up huges debts for the football club, then bailing out when it fails. Leaving clubs with huge debt.

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

On the flip side it stops chairmen running up huges debts for the football club, then bailing out when it fails. Leaving clubs with huge debt.

Yet Bury still went under, Bolton scraped survival and Macclesfield are on the brink. If that's how the football authorities are trying to save clubs from going out of business, it's working about as well as the fit and proper persons test.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Well, that's the theory anyway. I'm not sure how effective it is at doing that when we're still losing clubs from the Football League. You can still throw everything at the pursuit of success and risk your club in the process, you just might get the FFP sanctions on top of your own mess. It doesn't seem very fit for purpose, to me.