Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

Talk of a £80m bid for Adama Traore from Man City this morning, really could’ve done with the sell-on fee with that one 😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Talk of a £80m bid for Adama Traore from Man City this morning, really could’ve done with the sell-on fee with that one 😶

🙈😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Talk of a £80m bid for Adama Traore from Man City this morning, really could’ve done with the sell-on fee with that one 😶

The Boro always seem to sell players for far too cheap I know he had a release clause but it was our own stupid fault for allowing a measly £18 million fee to be inserted it was obvious he was a £50 million plus player in the making.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The Boro always seem to sell players for far too cheap I know he had a release clause but it was our own stupid fault for allowing a measly £18 million fee to be inserted it was obvious he was a £50 million plus player in the making.

probably wouldn't have signed without some sort of release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The Boro always seem to sell players for far too cheap I know he had a release clause but it was our own stupid fault for allowing a measly £18 million fee to be inserted it was obvious he was a £50 million plus player in the making.

So obvious that Villa sold him on for a tenth of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

4mil + what we owe has been written off

Ah that will make it 5 million then as we do owe around 1 million so not too bad I suppose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

probably wouldn't have signed without some sort of release

Kinda true but just feel we we're a Premiership club at the time so could of been abit more demanding. Just a shame as feel the Boro aren't going to be repaid for the crucial part in his development. 

 

12 minutes ago, macapes said:

So obvious that Villa sold him on for a tenth of that.

They got Adomar who played very well for them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Kinda true but just feel we we're a Premiership club at the time so could of been abit more demanding. Just a shame as feel the Boro aren't going to be repaid for the crucial part in his development. 

 

They got Adomar who played very well for them 

Adomah therefore worth swapping for a future £50m?   Give over.  If it was obvious, others would have been in for him, Barca wouldn't have released him - or would have bought him back - and we wouldn't have had him for so little, relatively.

£18m was a pipe dream when we signed the headless chicken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

4mil + what we owe has been written off

Thank you mate. I can live with that fee. Give Pears a run until end of season and then reassess. Pears has done well in terms of clean sheets but not really been tested yet but deserves the jersey until May at least.

Happy with loan signings thus far plus hopefully Clarke but if we can add 1 or 2 permanent this window that be good. Plenty of positions will need filling in summer so if we can fill 1 or 2 in Jan that be welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest I didn't ever see Traore becoming the player he is now. I thought he'd end playing in something like the Turkish 3rd division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair with Traore we couldn't really do much about his release clause. Although I'm not sure if we actually wanted to keep him or we were glad for the money considering the financial issues the last couple of seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, macapes said:

Adomah therefore worth swapping for a future £50m?   Give over.  If it was obvious, others would have been in for him, Barca wouldn't have released him - or would have bought him back - and we wouldn't have had him for so little, relatively.

£18m was a pipe dream when we signed the headless chicken.

Since the moment he came on against Tottenham and run passed their whole defence I knew he was special. Just required alot of training that Pulis provided. Villa didn't want to put this level of long term 1 too 1 coaching into him as just wanted short term promotion that nearly payed off with Adomar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Since the moment he came on against Tottenham and run passed their whole defence I knew he was special. Just required alot of training that Pulis provided. Villa didn't want to put this level of long term 1 too 1 coaching into him as just wanted short term promotion that nearly payed off with Adomar.

This. 

 

He was the very definition of a rough diamond, all the physical gifts any footballer could ask for and dribbling that is only matched by the best players in the world. It was always a case of when he got it all together not if for me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...