• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

He said he wanted to base our style on Liverpool very early on and they play with Mane and Salah in the front 3 but always coming inside with the full backs overlapping. The players we have now are perfectly suited to that, that’d be my guess personally 

Seems to me Woody isn't wedded to any particular formation. We've seen 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 all to varying degrees of success

We have multiple player that can play wide forward in a 3, Roberts, Nmecha, Johnson, Fletcher, even Tav or Walker. There are multiple that can play more traditional winger in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, Johnson, Coulson, Spence, Roberts, Nmecha, Tav. We have wing backs in Coulson, Friend, Howson, Spence, Dijksteel.

I think we are fairly stocked in those roles.

We need a CB because we are losing number 8s rapidly! Possibly a 10, although Nmecha and Tav  and possibly Roberts can play that role. An experienced GK as backup wouldn't hurt either.

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I hope in some of these loan deals if there successful we get first refusal next season. 

I'd hope so if City planned on loaning Roberts and Nmecha back to the championship but I'd imagine their priority is to progress their careers. That'd involve putting them at a higher level if they're judged to be ready. Roberts and Nmecha both spent the first half of the season at top division clubs which suggests City thought they were ready for a higher level this season. Obviously it hasn't worked out for either of them yet but if they are successes here I'd guess City would again look to loan them to top division sides.

13 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just think if JW thinks loan signings are better players for the team and formation then you sign them... sounds brutal but no place for sentiment in sport in my opinion especially football as it is so results driven.

It is for sure, but you also have to remember one of the results we need to accomplish is making money on players. We won't make money on anyone if we replace a team with loans.

I'm not against the signings we're making at all, they just need to be viewed with the short-term in mind and we have to ensure we're not replacing permanent players with loans continuously.

(Says me who sold about 8 permanent squad members and signed about 20 loan players on Pro Evo last night because nobody even vaguely good would join my crappy team permanently)

• Like 1
Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I'd hope so if City planned on loaning Roberts and Nmecha back to the championship but I'd imagine their priority is to progress their careers. That'd involve putting them at a higher level if they're judged to be ready. Roberts and Nmecha both spent the first half of the season at top division clubs which suggests City thought they were ready for a higher level this season. Obviously it hasn't worked out for either of them yet but if they are successes here I'd guess City would again look to loan them to top division sides.

I'm pretty sure what @Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die was getting at was first refusal when we're back in the Prem next season.

🤭

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm pretty sure what @Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die was getting at was first refusal when we're back in the Prem next season.

🤭

this squad and Woody as a manager needs another season at this level to be honest. If we sneak up via the play offs, then are players like Pears, Tav, and Spence able to cope at such a young age and with so few starts? or would they end up sitting on the bench or out on loan, which would hamper their long term development. Pears is the perfect example of this, he could long term save us 10mill. But If we go up we would be mad to think he is ready for the prem. He would end up on loan somewhere and possibly leave. However 1 1/2 seasons at this level, 80 championship games under his belt, he might just cope with the prem.

If we go up it's a nice problem to have, but if we need another year, I'm fine with this, and think this is where our heads should be as fans, and as a club with recruitment. If these two lads do well, maybe they will be itching to come back and have a full season crack at promotion.

Kalas, Omerou and Besic all enjoyed loans here and were desperate to return.

• Like 1
Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Last bit on Randolph.. emptied locker etc..  said his goodbyes... boro getting all money upfront 

Good luck to the lad. It was a pleasure to have him here. 

• Like 2
Just now, Mr_Maz said:

Good luck to the lad. It was a pleasure to have him here. 

Couldn't agree more. Only here for a couple years but gave 100% every game and carried us to points singlehandedly at times. Best keeper we've had in a long, long time. Good luck back at West Ham!

• Like 1