Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

I’ve got a pal from Brum area and a lot of his Villa supporting mates saying word is that Britt is happening. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CWC said:

I’ve got a pal from Brum area and a lot of his Villa supporting mates saying word is that Britt is happening. 

Literally just got a message from a villa supporting mate saying the same 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id hate to lose Britt. We are going to need him towards the last third of the season. Although some on here dont like him, he is our best striker imo. Would have to be well over 10m for it to be a decent deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went onto VillaTalk and sounds like Britt is the worst name they've been linked with. It's some way down from being linked with Krzysztof Piatek, for sure. I wonder why Piatek's future is so uncertain, tons of clubs been linked with him, he only joined them a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just went onto VillaTalk and sounds like Britt is the worst name they've been linked with. It's some way down from being linked with Krzysztof Piatek, for sure. I wonder why Piatek's future is so uncertain, tons of clubs been linked with him, he only joined them a year ago.

Milan being miles away from Europe and one of the most unstable clubs around doesnt help. And after a great start, his milan career has faltered a fair bit with Rafael leao often being preferred to him and Ibrahimovic coming back into the fold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Milan being miles away from Europe and one of the most unstable clubs around doesnt help. And after a great start, his milan career has faltered a fair bit with Rafael leao often being preferred to him and Ibrahimovic coming back into the fold.

I know Milan have money issues but you forget how good their squad is in some positions. The fact they are mid table shows how badly they are ran.

 

Watched their game yesterday and Piatek did start the game up front though, was replaced by Ibra around the hour mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Id hate to lose Britt. We are going to need him towards the last third of the season. Although some on here dont like him, he is our best striker imo. Would have to be well over 10m for it to be a decent deal

Explain to me how he’s worth more than 10 million?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Explain to me how he’s worth more than 10 million?

Never said he was worth more than 10 million, i said it would have to be well over 10 for it to be a remotely decent deal for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've often got frustrated with him, but I've always liked Britt.

I think moving him on for a decent fee is the right decision, I've always had the feeling that he's never really wanted to be here, even at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not here, but Preston are close to signing Scott Sinclair. Seems like quite a good signing. Only had 6 months left at Celtic and don't think he gets his game as often there any more. Last time he was in this division was when Swansea were electric, though that was the season after we got relegated at the end of the previous decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never felt like Britt didn't want to be here. I think it's quite the opposite, to be honest. He smiles too often, remember. Seems to be one of the brighter figures in the dressing room with the other players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Not here, but Preston are close to signing Scott Sinclair. Seems like quite a good signing. Only had 6 months left at Celtic and don't think he gets his game as often there any more. Last time he was in this division was when Swansea were electric, though that was the season after we got relegated at the end of the previous decade.

Roberts considered the much better player than Sinclair by celtic fans, hopefully we have the better signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we sell Britt then the money will have to be reinvested that's for sure. Heard rumblings last week about Villa though got nothing concrete yet but seems as though it has legs..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Never said he was worth more than 10 million, i said it would have to be well over 10 for it to be a remotely decent deal for us

I don’t think he doesn’t want to be here like some, I think he comes across as a decent personality. I just don’t think he’s got very good attributes as a striker, he’s been here 2 and a half years and Id still struggle to tell you what his strengths are.

He relied on pace whilst at Peterborough and Forest to get in behind defences; I can only assume the bad injury he suffered at Forest permanently affected this, as he’s certainly not had a turn of pace since joining us. Realistically, we’re not recouping our money on him. I’d think 10 mill is the highest we could hope for 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Yeah we did. Think we were fortunate as Randolph pulled off a couple good saves in last 10mins if i recall.
    • I suppose another positive is that we've already beaten them this season.
    • Stojanovic Shotton Fry Friend Dijksteel Howson Clayton Marvin Roberts Fletch Britt I gone for Dijksteel over spence just for some fresh legs down the right. Clayton n Howson might seem defensive but i feel we need that against a passing Reading team. Plus them 3 up front and width from out wide should hopefully provide us with something going forward. In terms of result. Even at my maximum optimism i only see a draw unfortunately.
    • Reading have nothing to play for, we have everything to play for. Just got to hope that Reading are on their beach chairs, and our defence cuts out their mistakes. Win and we're safe, lose and the agony continues.
    • I wish we could find our own Pablo Hernandez Been missing that exact type of player since Gaston's DMs on Instagram got leaked 
×
×
  • Create New...