oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

If we end up with an 8 figure fee for Britt I'd be stunned myself he has a track record you could add into the equation that say a Che Adams didn't when he went to Southampton granted but if we get an 8 figure or very close to 8 figure fee for Britt plus his wages off the books that would be an excellent deal for us in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I agree his fee shouldn't be a critism to him. We were daft enough to pay that. I go to all home games and watch every away game on TV or go when I can. I have seen him have alot more bad games than good games. And alot of the time he dosnt seem to put a shift in. When he does I'm the 1st to say he played well. 

If he dosnt go this window I can see him running out his contract and going for nothing. 

• Like 1

And I disagree. There players out there whose contract are running out and clubs will take alot less than what there worth. But then again I have no confidence in our recruitment team to find these players 

4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I agree his fee shouldn't be a critism to him. We were daft enough to pay that. I go to all home games and watch every away game on TV or go when I can. I have seen him have alot more bad games than good games. And alot of the time he dosnt seem to put a shift in. When he does I'm the 1st to say he played well. 

I've seen a lot more of him this season than I have before, first time season ticket holder and watched probably as much as you have on TV. I've seen him have varied performances, for sure. I think there are games this season when he's played better than the team and worse than the team, for sure. But by and large, his performances have pretty much matched what we've done going forward as a whole and I think it's harsh for that to all come down to him.

Some people want to label him badly because he is a relatively limited striker in the scope of what he brings to the team as a whole and they're not really wrong. But he is a good player at what he does and some games I've seen him in this season in particular have shown me he has the willingness to really work hard on his weaknesses too. His hold-up play, his strength and determination to take the ball forward, to make runs into the channel, some of the best I've seen from him has been this season.

He's also missed a couple of penalties and a couple of sitters too but I think it must be frustrating when most the fans only seem to remember the bad stuff and whilst they might come out and say he's had a good game immediately after, it's barely remembered in the long run.

• Like 1
Just now, mendieta420 said:

I'd play Fletch over him now anyway. 

I would too, if he wasn't leaving, I'd make sure he knew he had to fight to get back into this team. And I don't think he'd be against that.

• Like 2

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18140449.deals-excite-boro/

Echo are saying we're not just considering Jack Clarke on loan but also Nketiah. We'd be competing against half the Championship for both players I'm not confident we'll pull them off myself and Nketiah to me is still far from polished especially with his own expectations I'd be wary of selling Britt and plugging the gap with a loan I think we need 1-2 permanent additions without Britt going if he goes in 6 months we'll have 1 senior striker left at the club Fletcher whose contract would be up in 12 and he's probably going to have suitors if he keeps his form up I think we'd be up a creek in that scenario.

Someone mentioned Lyle Taylor earlier today and I honestly think he could be a good shout here you know. We were interested in the summer, he's turned down a new deal and they're actively shopping him now. 

Could be a good compliment to Fletch in a two up top. Have liked him from his Wimbledon days. Seems to put in the hard work, can finish and can score penalties.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Someone mentioned Lyle Taylor earlier today and I honestly think he could be a good shout here you know. We were interested in the summer, he's turned down a new deal and they're actively shopping him now. 

Could be a good compliment to Fletch in a two up top. Have liked him from his Wimbledon days. Seems to put in the hard work, can finish and can score penalties.

I was halfway through writing the exact same thing

• Like 2

@Jamie-H. It has been widely reported Nketiah is off to Bristol City.

Lyle Taylor is a good shout at right price. Although i was shocked to read he turn 30 next month. I had him around the 25yr old mark

And wouldn't selling Britt put us in a better financial position with FFP? Meaning we can offer new contracts to the youngster's and Ayala / Howson? It would be a risk selling a proven goal scorer but he is going to be sold In the summer anyway so might aswell rince villa. 

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Apparently interest from higher up the league. Can we even offer him a lot of football if Woody goes back to his original 1 striker system? I wouldn’t move Fletcher out for anyone right now 

Just now, DevKWat said:

Apparently interest from higher up the league. Can we even offer him a lot of football if Woody goes back to his original 1 striker system? I wouldn’t move Fletcher out for anyone right now 

You need backups though. Woody said that he wants 4 strikers