oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

I like Randolph, and I understand the decision for him to leave makes sense for all parties. But if he's been pulling a sickie while the transfer goes through, and he's fully fit the moment the Twitter video goes live on the WHU website, that's pretty shady.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I like Randolph, and I understand the decision for him to leave makes sense for all parties. But if he's been pulling a sickie while the transfer goes through, and he's fully fit the moment the Twitter video goes live on the WHU website, that's pretty shady.

could have been the  clubs idea? 

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I don't think he has been pulling a sickie.  My impression is that he has been fit for a while but the club have not been allowing him to play, in order to force him into agreeing a move away. In my view,  it is a pretty poor way to treat a player who has given so much to the club.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

I agree. He hasn't shown anything in the last 2 seasons to say he's worth that much. Sick of seeing some fans saying he's the best at this level. He isn't at all. Has he ever scored more than 16 goals in a season? 

No, he hasn't and doesn't really look like he will

West Ham fans on twitter adamant that we aren’t receiving any fee whatsoever to pay off Randolph and Fletcher debt. Highly doubt that’s true or I would be furious, giving away the best keeper in the league for nowt 🤔😂

2 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

No, he hasn't and doesn't really look like he will

in a decent attacking team he probably gets you twenty, but should have got you 25-30 at this level

• Haha 1

Wasnt there something about another appearance would trigger a bonus or something for Shotton or have I made up my own speculation?

On a completely irrelevant note and at the risk of derailing this thread 😏, how much did we sell Traore for and did we receive most of the money up front? I seem to remember the big hold up speculated at the time was how much we received immediately.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

in a decent attacking team he probably gets you twenty, but should have got you 25-30 at this level

I don't think he would get his game for a decent attacking team. His all round play isn't good enough 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

West Ham fans on twitter adamant that we aren’t receiving any fee whatsoever to pay off Randolph and Fletcher debt. Highly doubt that’s true or I would be furious, giving away the best keeper in the league for nowt 🤔😂

so would wiping out future costs to the tune of 4m in payments (guess at both players) and 1.5m in wages, and only receiving 1m in cash  be better for Future spending in line with FFP?

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

I don't think he would get his game for a decent attacking team. His all round play isn't good enough 

the assumption was based on him getting a game 😄 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Except he was in at the start of our turn of form, he wasn't out of the team. The first two performances we started looking really good in were Hull and Charlton. The first game, Britt and Fletch scored one of our best goals this season thanks to their link-up play. Britt was involved in the build up to the early goal at Charlton too. There's absolutely no justification to say we wouldn't have played as good as we have without Britt in the team when we started playing that well with him in it.

I think pretty much every fan knows we've overpaid for him but some fans seem to want to make him feel worth absolutely nothing despite scoring 15 odd goals a season ("it's only tap-ins against crap teams", "on par with Leroy Lita", sigh...). It's like there's absolutely no middle ground because some morons in our recruitment team thought he was worth £15m and he's not a £15m striker.

I think we'll accept about £7m too, don't get me wrong. I doubt anyone will pay more than that given the context of the situation. However, we're trusting the same people to replace him as who bought him to begin with. You'll struggle to go out and buy a good striker for £5m in this division that's as good as Britt. I suspect we won't actually replace Britt properly and we just see Fletcher as his natural replacement, the same way we seem to see Pears as Randolph's. We might buy another striker but I doubt it will be another one expecting to take the #9 shirt, I'd put money on Fletch taking that if he's not gone next season.

I don't think he reads this, so I don't think he will feel 'worth absolutely nothing' due to my comments. Why say 15 odd goals a season, it's not, it's 14-15, which is pretty average, usually not one of the top ten scorers and he scored less than half the goals of last seasons top scorer haha

His goals are largely within 8 yards, watch a video and you will see, and strikers should certainly be finishing from that area.  His goals are largely against the bottom 8 teams, the stats prove it. 71% of his goals are against the bottom 10 teams, Bamford as a comparison scores only 42% against the bottom 10 teams (stats prior to this season). 

On a par with Lita, he's certainly some ballpark, maybe slightly better, but they have similar pros and cons

image.png.545da30ed466571d026cc7b049cb343b.png

Shotton is actually injured but he is on his way out to either Wigan or Stoke.

Randolph hasn't been injured and has been training since beginning of December - I posted but people laughed at the suggestion that Randolph would do such a thing.

Like I posted the other night, I had been informed the club didn't want to sell Britt but going by speculation that may of changed by incoming targets fees.

Heard tonight that we are going to be speaking to Burnley over the next few days regarding Gibbo.

Clarke deal is still tied up due to a few loose ends but there was more talks after the match at the weekend. Jose has apparently been impressed with our performance but wants certain assurances that Clarke will play. Apparently whoever signs up will have to pay a penalty fee for whenever he's fit and misses a game - I'm sure Liverpool do something similar. 

• Like 2