• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I would expect Randolph to be announced as a WHU player by teatime today.

I agree that really we should be keeping Assombalonga but if we can get £7m or upwards for him it's a no brainer.

7M would be fantastic tbh. Forget his fee to us, current market value taking his goals, but his lack of no goal scoring effectiveness, I’d say anything over 5M would be a good result. 

For both the lads career and our club moving forward, I’d like him to be moving on ASAP. 

• Like 1

Averages a goal every 210 minutes in the league for us. Career is a goal every 181 minutes.

He's not been awful for us and the cost of some forwards it should be closer to £10m

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Averages a goal every 210 minutes in the league for us. Career is a goal every 181 minutes.

He's not been awful for us and the cost of some forwards it should be closer to £10m

Is it only Villa that could be interested? Was just looking on Villas transfer page and they only seem to mention bigger signings, a lad from Milan. Nothing much said about Britt.

21 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Is it only Villa that could be interested? Was just looking on Villas transfer page and they only seem to mention bigger signings, a lad from Milan. Nothing much said about Britt.

Yeah because none of them want him 😂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don’t think he’s been awful either. We won’t get 10M for him. And If these impressive stats which are banded about are so compelling you’ve got to ask yourself why we’re not getting multiple offers (or at least tangible interest) from a number of clubs. That’s the true bench mark. Not what we all think on an online fans forum. Yes it’s early in the window but I’ll wager we won’t get a bidding war of 10M+ on Britt. Not in this window, not in any. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I don’t think he’s been awful either. We won’t get 10M for him. And If these impressive stats which are banded about are so compelling you’ve got to ask yourself why we’re not getting multiple offers (or at least tangible interest) from a number of clubs. That’s the true bench mark. Not what we all think on an online fans forum. Yes it’s early in the window but I’ll wager we won’t get a bidding war of 10M+ on Britt. Not in this window, not in any. 

In fairness to lurker he said closer to 10m not 10m+

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In fairness to lurker he said closer to 10m not 10m+

Ah, indeed he did. 

the other interesting thing about those stats though is since he’s been with us he is dragging his average goal per minute ratio down; which would indicate his stock is going down, not maintaining. 

I think in the right team, he is a great asset to have. Unfortunately for us and him, we don't play to his strengths and therefore his ratio is suffering. 

He has missed easy chances but I think that his overall play is suited to a system which works for him. Unfortunately again, due to his injury, he wont fit the hustle and bustle type that Woodgate is after with a high press as he isn't mobile enough for that. 

We should have played him and Bamford together up front but heaven knows why that didnt happen more often. 

59 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Ah, indeed he did. 

the other interesting thing about those stats though is since he’s been with us he is dragging his average goal per minute ratio down; which would indicate his stock is going down, not maintaining. 

Hence why he'd now be worth around 2/3s of his original price. He's only 27, injury record has been good since joining (only been injured the last month) and he's still a good goalscorer. 

If we're not getting at least £9-10m then I'd keep him. 

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hence why he'd now be worth around 2/3s of his original price. He's only 27, injury record has been good since joining (only been injured the last month) and he's still a good goalscorer. 

If we're not getting at least £9-10m then I'd keep him. 

I get it, I just don’t agree with you. It’s funny how he divides opinions. I by no means think he’s a bad player - clearly he’s not - but I just don’t see where he fits in and honestly, 5M I think was acceptable. 7M I think we’ve done amazing business! He’s on his way down imo..

totally understand  your thinking and that you don’t agree... 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BoroMart said:

Bernie was a poacher, didn't close down, offside a lot, greedy. 

1986–87 Third Division 17 league 22 total

1987–88 Second Division 21 league 24 total

1988–89 First Division 15 league 18 total

1989–90 Second Division 21 league 32 total

1990–91 Second Division 16 league 20 total

1991–92 Second Division 16 league 18 total

Those are the kind of figures I expect from a quality championship poacher who doesn't contribute much when not scoring (to be fair he contributed a lot more than Britt and even played a spell at left wing)

Those stats, especially looking at goals scored in the league where Britt's all are, really aren't that different with the exception of two standout years

3 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Consistantly scores goals. Thats a lie. And if your only job is to hang around the box and poach goals and you don't expect him to do the other simple stuff that's expected from footballers then the returns you've mentioned simply arnt good enough. 

He does other stuff, it's a fallacy that Britt is lazy