oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

Shamal George is in Switzerland training with St Gallen today the Swiss are saying the Stojanovic move is likely to be wrapped up quickly now.

All I took from that video is he's got a span on him not major news but it sounds like that's the only transfer that's moving for us at the minute.

Has he ever actually caught a ball before?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

I think dijksteele was the better of the three options and at times has done ok. He seemed better in midfield than at rb for us.

I do think all three signings weren't given enough time but at same time it's also evident our upturn in form without them

• Like 1

I still have a lot of faith in Bola to come good. I'm getting sick of repeating it but he needs to be coached defensively as he reminds me of when Friend joined us and he looked clueless at times and would make really rash decisions. Hopefully him and Browne do great in League One for the remainder of this season and come back improved players.

• Like 1

Just to reiterate, Bola is young and has some journey to travel in order to become a footballer that's good at this level. But I suspect he himself knows that and it's harsh to write him off so early into his career. He can still come good and let's hope that he does.

However, in the interest of balance, my actual thoughts on him so far are not great. I think, without wanting to paint an awful picture of him, he is the worst of the 3 we paid for in the summer. He's seemed off the pace, incapable of making his mark on games and defensively he's been caught ball-watching over and over again. I know he's a relatively short lad but positionally he's never seemed ready to head a ball if it's coming over his side. I think it was the Wednesday game which he played in where I picked him out in particular as just not being up for it. We weren't at the races defensively at all in that game and it's by no means pinning it all on him but it was easy to pick him out individually despite the poor all-round defensive performance and that's not good.

I'd love to see some of his games from last season to get a glimpse of the player we signed as I'm just not sure what it is. As it is, I wish him the very best going back to Blackpool and hopefully like Browne, he can get a good run of games and come back in the summer raring to go again with a bit of momentum.

Bola, more than anyone suffered from a lack of left sided midfielder ahead of him. In most games he Litterally had no one available ahead of him and no one covering for him. 

The few times he did push on and force the play he showed quality. 

He needs experience, but there is a player in there. 

• Like 6

The trouble with Bola is he was hung out to dry and thrown in the deepend to see if he sunk or swam. As I think his only games were Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday when the whole team was underperforming. But hopefully he regains his confidence again

2 hours ago, xathras said:

I think dijksteele was the better of the three options and at times has done ok. He seemed better in midfield than at rb for us.

I do think all three signings weren't given enough time but at same time it's also evident our upturn in form without them

When has he played in midfield?

56 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

If Coulson was out I'd sooner see Reading given a chance over him tbh. I think the club has been surprised by the level of our own academy players.

JW seems happy to put them in if he feels they are ready. I saw him v Hartlepool in pre season and he looked a little weak physically and less pacy and marauding than Coulson. That said I have not seen him since and he got a call up for Scotland u21. I think this season if Coulson is out Johnson will be his deputy. 
Have you been able to watch any of the u23 games?

4 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

think he probs means when hes in the midfield area more than anything. he is probably decent in cdm.

Isnt that his original position? Was only shunted out to RB last season or one before I think. Maybe a long term Clayton replacement now Spence has emerged?

• Like 1