oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

45 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

He was a cdm originally at Charlton. There were a couple of clips on youtube where he was driving through midfield. I think that is his more natural position.

Yeah but he said for us, I don't think anyone has actually seen him play there. 

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

He isn't injured... the medical hold up.is due to the amount of Scar Tissue which could cause problems down the line...he played injured for around 8 games before it got too much.

someone said earlier that the move will go through on Monday

20 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Yohan Boli is a new name we're linked with, a 2 million pound striker whose move to Qatar has apparently just broken down we're listed as a suitor chasing him along with a couple of other Championship clubs.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/trotz-transfer-bestatigung-von-al-rayyan-zukunft-von-sturmer-boli-weiter-offen/view/news/351764

Interesting name although I can’t see us getting a striker unless we sell Britt or Gestede. From the comment to the article it sounds like he took the medical but had a change of heart in the final hour. 

He is out of contract in the summer so I can’t imaging he will cost 2 million. 

I hope Randolph claims the shirt now, would make it less frustrating, even if the fee is still too low.

38 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Yohan Boli is a new name we're linked with, a 2 million pound striker whose move to Qatar has apparently just broken down we're listed as a suitor chasing him along with a couple of other Championship clubs.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/trotz-transfer-bestatigung-von-al-rayyan-zukunft-von-sturmer-boli-weiter-offen/view/news/351764

On the sky transfer live blog thing at 16:04 it says he has agreed to join Nantes, Anderlecht and a Quatari club and they have all announced it on their social media channels. 

After the mistake West Ham’s keeper just made, I think we should be looking at doubling Randolph’s price 😂

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

He isn't injured... the medical hold up.is due to the amount of Scar Tissue which could cause problems down the line...he played injured for around 8 games before it got too much.

Another one?  Are there are any players who we haven't made play through an injury and ended up making things worse?  The club is like the wild west, anything seems to go.

33 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

someone said earlier that the move will go through on Monday

Judging by tonight's GK performances it may be announced by 10pm lol

Just now, Changing Times said:

Another one?  Are there are any players who we haven't made play through an injury and ended up making things worse?  The club is like the wild west, anything seems to go.

Flogging a dead horse etc CT

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Flogging a dead horse etc CT

I'm trying to work out how we got nominated for medical team of the year back in May or whenever it was?  Can you get nominated by just pretending that nobody is injured?

40 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Interesting name although I can’t see us getting a striker unless we sell Britt or Gestede. From the comment to the article it sounds like he took the medical but had a change of heart in the final hour. 

He is out of contract in the summer so I can’t imaging he will cost 2 million. 

I read somewhere, possibly on here, that Metz were interested in Gestede. I noticed earlier that Chelsea were thinking of bidding £17m for the Metz CF, so there may be something in that.

25 goals in 21 games for West Ham. Can’t they do a double for Britt and Randolph? Both for 14 mil. 

Just now, TAPOUT said:

I read somewhere, possibly on here, that Metz were interested in Gestede. I noticed earlier that Chelsea were thinking of bidding £17m for the Metz CF, so there may be something in that.

I doubt Metz can pay even half of what we’re paying Gestede but I suppose we’d be will to split the difference for the last 5 months. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm trying to work out who we got nominated for medical team of the year back in May or whenever it was?  Can you get nominated by just pretending that nobody is injured?

They nominated Zhimay. 

Just now, Borodane said:

I doubt Metz can pay even half of what we’re paying Gestede but I suppose we’d be will to split the difference for the last 5 months. 

He may take a pay cut to play in France 🤷‍♂️