Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

 

He was a cdm originally at Charlton. There were a couple of clips on youtube where he was driving through midfield. I think that is his more natural position.

Yeah but he said for us, I don't think anyone has actually seen him play there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

He isn't injured... the medical hold up.is due to the amount of Scar Tissue which could cause problems down the line...he played injured for around 8 games before it got too much.

someone said earlier that the move will go through on Monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Yohan Boli is a new name we're linked with, a 2 million pound striker whose move to Qatar has apparently just broken down we're listed as a suitor chasing him along with a couple of other Championship clubs.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/trotz-transfer-bestatigung-von-al-rayyan-zukunft-von-sturmer-boli-weiter-offen/view/news/351764

Interesting name although I can’t see us getting a striker unless we sell Britt or Gestede. From the comment to the article it sounds like he took the medical but had a change of heart in the final hour. 
 

He is out of contract in the summer so I can’t imaging he will cost 2 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Randolph claims the shirt now, would make it less frustrating, even if the fee is still too low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Yohan Boli is a new name we're linked with, a 2 million pound striker whose move to Qatar has apparently just broken down we're listed as a suitor chasing him along with a couple of other Championship clubs.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/trotz-transfer-bestatigung-von-al-rayyan-zukunft-von-sturmer-boli-weiter-offen/view/news/351764

On the sky transfer live blog thing at 16:04 it says he has agreed to join Nantes, Anderlecht and a Quatari club and they have all announced it on their social media channels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the mistake West Ham’s keeper just made, I think we should be looking at doubling Randolph’s price 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

He isn't injured... the medical hold up.is due to the amount of Scar Tissue which could cause problems down the line...he played injured for around 8 games before it got too much.

Another one?  Are there are any players who we haven't made play through an injury and ended up making things worse?  The club is like the wild west, anything seems to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

someone said earlier that the move will go through on Monday

Judging by tonight's GK performances it may be announced by 10pm lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Another one?  Are there are any players who we haven't made play through an injury and ended up making things worse?  The club is like the wild west, anything seems to go.

Flogging a dead horse etc CT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Flogging a dead horse etc CT

I'm trying to work out how we got nominated for medical team of the year back in May or whenever it was?  Can you get nominated by just pretending that nobody is injured?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Interesting name although I can’t see us getting a striker unless we sell Britt or Gestede. From the comment to the article it sounds like he took the medical but had a change of heart in the final hour. 
 

He is out of contract in the summer so I can’t imaging he will cost 2 million. 

I read somewhere, possibly on here, that Metz were interested in Gestede. I noticed earlier that Chelsea were thinking of bidding £17m for the Metz CF, so there may be something in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 goals in 21 games for West Ham. Can’t they do a double for Britt and Randolph? Both for 14 mil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TAPOUT said:

I read somewhere, possibly on here, that Metz were interested in Gestede. I noticed earlier that Chelsea were thinking of bidding £17m for the Metz CF, so there may be something in that.

I doubt Metz can pay even half of what we’re paying Gestede but I suppose we’d be will to split the difference for the last 5 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm trying to work out who we got nominated for medical team of the year back in May or whenever it was?  Can you get nominated by just pretending that nobody is injured?

They nominated Zhimay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borodane said:

I doubt Metz can pay even half of what we’re paying Gestede but I suppose we’d be will to split the difference for the last 5 months. 

He may take a pay cut to play in France 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Has to be better than Gestede up front
    • We have an official Fifa Esports player now! he's currently guided us into the last 8 of the Ultimate Quaran Team tournament being run.   He has beaten Huddersfield, Walsall, Central Coast Mariners & VVV Venlo so far.
    • The Irish health department released this graph today showing the effects of social distancing and lockdown. It's interesting as (if accurate, and I have no reason to think otherwise) Ireland should be looking at about 15000 cases today but we are currently just shy of 3000 cases. Looks like we are flattening the curve here before we've hit critical saturation of the hospitals.       
    • A new study by from Imperial College London estimates that up to 2.7% of the UK population may have been infected so far - that's about 1.8m people if it's correct.  It's a statistical model though so you have to keep that in mind.  Also says that between 20,000 and 120,000 lives might have been saved across the 11 European countries they were looking at thanks to the measures put in place so far 👍
    • A quick addition to this interesting question, probably for the older supporters in part 1, but everyone who has travelled to support in part 2. part 1 when answering the original question I found that our time at the Riverside has been filled with great goals but when thinking about it I found that the goals that made me most exhilarated and hyper in my celebrations nearly all came at Ayresome Park, now I’m old enough to have been an active supporter over the 2 grounds but I do believe the sheer joy and communal togetherness of a Boro goal at Ayresome beats that at the Riverside. part 2 I also chose a goal scored away from home too, and I was wondering if anyone felt that goals scored at home or away brought out different feelings of joy and excitement. For me, I’ve been on many a thankless away trip but there is something genuinely special when you score away from home, whether it be a Bernie Tap in or a Karambeu missile like he did at Valley Parade, there all special but an away goal is like a good pint that comes with a chaser imo. You can never count on them but when they come everyone of them is welcome.
×
×
  • Create New...