Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

Exciting news bar the Ayala stuff. Is the Clarke deal still on or is that petering out. 

It's still early days but Robert's looks like how I remember him at Celtic. If he can keep injury free what a player he is going to be. I wonder why Norwich didnt give him a chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Exciting news bar the Ayala stuff. Is the Clarke deal still on or is that petering out. 

It's still early days but Robert's looks like how I remember him at Celtic. If he can keep injury free what a player he is going to be. I wonder why Norwich didnt give him a chance.

Clarke was actually linked to Celtic earlier. As well as pretty much every championship club 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shotton is still trying to get his move back to midlands but we can’t agree deal at moment. Stoke want a loan deal until end of season we just want rid of.

Clarke looks like qpr will be getting him or a different southern club .He has been a few times to rockcliffe but he has travelled to just about every championship club.  Nketiah also been to boro but again he has been to most championship clubs. 

Doesn’t look like any contact about Ben or at least he doesn’t know of any. Maybe talks between club but he hasn’t been approached. 

Roberts there is an option to turn a 6 month loan to a 18 month loan if it goes well same as the other new guy.

britt back in light training looks very very unfit at moment.

spence agent has upset club after rumour came out about spurs and change of goal posts on contract.

young spurs striker had agreed deal but spurs pulled out after Kane injury. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Shotton is still trying to get his move back to midlands but we can’t agree deal at moment. Stoke want a loan deal until end of season we just want rid of.

Clarke looks like qpr will be getting him or a different southern club .He has been a few times to rockcliffe but he has travelled to just about every championship club.  Nketiah also been to boro but again he has been to most championship clubs. 

Doesn’t look like any contact about Ben or at least he doesn’t know of any. Maybe talks between club but he hasn’t been approached. 

Roberts there is an option to turn a 6 month loan to a 18 month loan if it goes well same as the other new guy.

britt back in light training looks very very unfit at moment.

spence agent has upset club after rumour came out about spurs and change of goal posts on contract.

young spurs striker had agreed deal but spurs pulled out after Kane injury. 

 

Doesn't Shotton's contract expire anyway so a loan to the end of season surely would be the same to Boro  as a permanent deal, or am i missing something. Is the young Spurs striker Troy Parrott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Doesn't Shotton's contract expire anyway so a loan to the end of season surely would be the same to Boro  as a permanent deal, or am i missing something. Is the young Spurs striker Troy Parrott.

No because a loan would involve us paying some of his wages we want rid now.  Yeah parrott still on table but not until spurs strengthen if indeed they do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t mourinho say that there was no chance of parrott leaving? It was either the press conference before or after the spurs game. He said that he doesn’t think somebody as young as him should be going out on loan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Didn’t mourinho say that there was no chance of parrott leaving? It was either the press conference before or after the spurs game. He said that he doesn’t think somebody as young as him should be going out on loan

Its something to do with Robbie Keane, that’s who was with him and his family at rockcliffe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

No because a loan would involve us paying some of his wages we want rid now.  Yeah parrott still on table but not until spurs strengthen if indeed they do

Ah thanks for that, you live and learn. I would imagine that some deal will be sorted for Shotton before the window closes in everyone's interest. It is interesting and possibly good news on the chance to extend the length of our current loan deals. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Roberts there is an option to turn a 6 month loan to a 18 month loan if it goes well same as the other new guy.

If this is true then that could be some fabulous work done by the club. Good forward planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

No because a loan would involve us paying some of his wages we want rid now.  Yeah parrott still on table but not until spurs strengthen if indeed they do

I really hope that Spurs strengthen their forward line. Parrott is a special player in the making. He has already made his debut for Ireland and I’m sure that is the link with Robbie Keane. It would be in Parrott’s interest to be involved with Ireland’s assistant manager on a daily basis. He is one who certainly knows what the net is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like parrott of course however, surely at a point you can have too many strikers. We’d have fletcher, gestede, Britt, Nmecha and Parrott competing for one spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoroJake said:

I’d like parrott of course however, surely at a point you can have too many strikers. We’d have fletcher, gestede, Britt, Nmecha and Parrott competing for one spot

Can’t imagine all of them will be here by the end of the month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

No mate though I think one is LB and one Is another CB

Surprised its a left back. Thought Johnson was going to cover that until summer and then get Bola back..not to mention George should be back in Feb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Hi everyone and I hope all are doing as well as can be under the circumstances? Still no sign of this nightmare abating for a while yet. Plenty of examples of people still not understanding the social distancing rules or maybe defying the advise or instruction. Plenty of conspiracy theories going around and certainly G5 towers being damaged because of it. Where will it end I wonder as I would not be surprised to see further examples of social unrest down the line. Are any of you feeling the brunt of the reality of COVID 19 or know of friends, family that are going through it, if so hopes of a pull through are sent to you? So much time on our hands now, use it well and take good care of yourselves. 
    • Wonder who Sky sports would employ to slate boro if Keith Andrews goes...🤔
    • As is typical of the FAI Robbie Keane signed a 4 year deal at the time that McCarthy signed a 2 year deal so he still has a contract. However it is understood that Stephen Kenny does not want him in the senior set up. Kenny wishes to work with Keith Andrews as his assistant and Damien Duff as coach.
    • Hello everyone, Hope you are all well, I see ROI have bought forward  theyu21 boss appointment as boss of senior teams to replace Mick McCarthy. Does anyone know if that means Robbie Keane also left? Cant find anything other than FA thanking Mick and his staff for they work.
    • Hello everyone, Hope you are all well, I see ROI have bought forward  theyu21 boss appointment as boss of senior teams to replace Mick McCarthy. Does anyone know if that means Robbie Keane also left? Cant find anything other than FA thanking Mick and his staff for they work.
×
×
  • Create New...