oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

13 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Selling Britt and buying Roberts would be a pretty decent use of money tbf, we would make money on Roberts eventually.

But I can’t see anyone buying an unfit Britt for 10 million. Think he’ll stay until summer and we will have to settle for around 5-6 million then. 

18 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Selling Britt and buying Roberts would be a pretty decent use of money tbf, we would make money on Roberts eventually.

If we sell britt for £10m i dont expect all £10m to be made available for transfers. I would expect to see half of that to be reinvested in the squad.

Woodgate was asked yesterday if any of Randolphs potential £4m would be handed to him and he said "i dont know. Lets see". 

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If we sell britt for £10m i dont expect all £10m to be made available for transfers. I would expect to see half of that to be reinvested in the squad.

Woodgate was asked yesterday if any of Randolphs potential £4m would be handed to him and he said "i dont know. Lets see". 

It’s possible that he’s just keeping his cards close to his chest. I would think that some of the players linked to us will come in if and when we have outgoing players. Especially if the outgoings generate some cash.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-west-ham-plot-move-to-sign-preston-star-six-figure-bid-could-test-their-resolve/

West Ham lining up a Declan Rudd 750k bid, noises aren't great this weekend if you were hoping Randolph would be sold.

I'm not sure which previously linked with loans we're left with either as it stands, if Sharp goes to Derby and Clarke QPR we'd be left with Jordan Jones I guess? Which I'd be happy with personally if he's all we can get in as a wide option, it'll keep Nmecha as a striker option rather than wide cover if Britt's still here him/Fletcher/Nmecha and Gestede should be enough for that 1 striker role.

55 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

It would probably player dependant, if we were still looking at league 1 players or old prem players then no it wouldn’t. 

With someone like Roberts with actual potential and reputation I think they’d make exceptions.

Right we need to issue a ultimatum you either sign him on Monday or he links back up with the squad and is playing against Tottenham on Tuesday night! We can't spend the month in limbo. 

34 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-west-ham-plot-move-to-sign-preston-star-six-figure-bid-could-test-their-resolve/

West Ham lining up a Declan Rudd 750k bid, noises aren't great this weekend if you were hoping Randolph would be sold.

I'm not sure which previously linked with loans we're left with either as it stands, if Sharp goes to Derby and Clarke QPR we'd be left with Jordan Jones I guess? Which I'd be happy with personally if he's all we can get in as a wide option, it'll keep Nmecha as a striker option rather than wide cover if Britt's still here him/Fletcher/Nmecha and Gestede should be enough for that 1 striker role.

They might want him as back up to Randolph depending on how serious the injury is to Fabianski. As it stands they only have David Martin as a GK and I believe that he is not 100% fit either so two in might be a necessity for them.

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Right we need to issue a ultimatum you either sign him on Monday or he links back up with the squad and is playing against Tottenham on Tuesday night! We can't spend the month in limbo. 

Woody already said Mejias is playing 

Watching Villa play they really need a target man. Come on with a loan offer for Gestede. Just 500k and full wages covered. 

30 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Watching Villa play they really need a target man. Come on with a loan offer for Gestede. Just 500k and full wages covered. 

they can have him and Britt buy one get one free for 45m could throw in a packet of quavers aswell 😉

Villa getting torn apart here, hopefully if Britt is a target this will encourage them to do something quickly.

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say we are likely to see Ben Gibson in our side soon

3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

its beautiful dat ass GIF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Guesswork? Or have you heard something Tudders?