oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Guesswork? Or have you heard something Tudders? 

Sounds like a cop out but one of those things where I can't really say as it would put someone's job at risk. But I would be massively surprised if he isn't here really soon 

Edit.... Not someone working for the club. I have no inside info from the club. Just someone who knows something in this particular case

• Thanks 5
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Sounds like a cop out but one of those things where I can't really say as it would put someone's job at risk. But I would be massively surprised if he isn't here really soon 

Edit.... Not someone working for the club. I have no inside info from the club. Just someone who knows something in this particular case

Say no more. I’d be happy to see him back but wonder how we could finance it in our current situation?

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Say no more. I’d be happy to see him back but wonder how we could finance it in our current situation?

No clue on that side. But he isn't short of a Bob or two. 

Maybe Mr Gibson could buy 10000 season tickets at the new revised price of a thousand pound each. That would inject 10 million into the club of his own money. Seems more plausible than selling the stadium to himself!! 

Not likely to do this though given how much he has ploughed into his new house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Really soon as in this week?

20 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

No clue on that side. But he isn't short of a Bob or two. 

Maybe Mr Gibson could buy 10000 season tickets at the new revised price of a thousand pound each. That would inject 10 million into the club of his own money. Seems more plausible than selling the stadium to himself!! 

Not likely to do this though given how much he has ploughed into his new house. 

Could wor Steve not just deposit 10k in his bank account every week to top up the wages we could offer, off the books?

• Wow 1
10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Fulham enquired about Britt before, I know he's a different type of player but could see them coming back in for him if Mitrovic's injury is as bad as it seems. 

But how far off game time is he? Someone said the other day that he is only due back in light training and looks far off any sort of playing form. Wouldn’t that deter any team needed a striker ASAP?

5 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Could wor Steve not just deposit 10k in his bank account every week to top up the wages we could offer, off the books?

You are turning us into Derby and the like 😱

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

But how far off game time is he? Someone said the other day that he is only due back in light training and looks far off any sort of playing form. Wouldn’t that deter any team needed a striker ASAP?

Shhh! don't tell them he's unfit..

5 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Genuine question but could he employ him at bulkhaul on £25k a week, like would we get away with it as a loophole?

25 minutes ago, CWC said:

Really soon as in this week?

I'm not sure how soon the deal could be done but Ben is making plans. If he isn't here by the end of the window it'll be a major shock to me and the bloke who has spoken to Ben 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Genuine question but could he employ him at bulkhaul on £25k a week, like would we get away with it as a loophole?

There are definitely loopholes that can be used. Not sure if this is one of them but they are there. If selling a stadium to yourself is deemed legit then buying season tickets at inflated prices to pump money in, use the club as an agency and sign a youth player using the club as an agent and demand an agent fee of 10 million etc. 

2 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

There are definitely loopholes that can be used. Not sure if this is one of them but they are there. If selling a stadium to yourself is deemed legit then buying season tickets at inflated prices to pump money in, use the club as an agency and sign a youth player using the club as an agent and demand an agent fee of 10 million etc. 

Sounds like masturbating on an aeroplane. Frowned upon, but still legal.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Would this not be considered third party ownership?