oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

38 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Alan Nixon saying Randolph may have to be sold to raise funds in Jan. West Ham are among this said to be interested.

Well that'd be a bit funny.

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I have heard we are preparing bids for Johnson Clarke Harris (Bristol rovers) and Randell Williams (Exeter) . This is exactly sums up where we are heading taking chances on lower league players.

Striker and a winger which we need. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I have heard we are preparing bids for Johnson Clarke Harris (Bristol rovers) and Randell Williams (Exeter) . This is exactly sums up where we are heading taking chances on lower league players.

Maybe thats just indicative of the state of the club's finances?

I'm sure they're not doing it just for the fun of it.

44 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Thank you for the info @diggerlad07. Much appreciated. Clarke Harris has been doing well at bristol before his injury. Think he back and scored again yesterday. As far as Williams is concerned, i will google him once i finished typing this message.

U heard much on how many we looking to sign in jan and if anyone heading towards the exit door?

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Alan Nixon saying Randolph may have to be sold to raise funds in Jan. West Ham are among this said to be interested.

I cant imagine Randolph will fancy a return there given he will be 2nd choice once Fabianski is fit which i believe he will be come Jan. I only see Randolph leaving if someone can guarantee him 1st team football as that was why he left West Ham. Cant think of many teams in PL who need a no.1....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you for the info @diggerlad07. Much appreciated. Clarke Harris has been doing well at bristol before his injury. Think he back and scored again yesterday. As far as Williams is concerned, i will google him once i finished typing this message.

U heard much on how many we looking to sign in jan and if anyone heading towards the exit door?

3 players but we are hoping to also ship on either fry(relucant to leave) Randolph or Britt.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

3 players but we are hoping to also ship on either fry(relucant to leave) Randolph or Britt.

If that's the case, however much I love him, I hope it's Randolph. We desperately need to keep Britts goals IMO and we barely have enough CBs as it is, so Fry (even though I honestly think he's had somewhat of a poor start to the season) can't go either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If that's the case, however much I love him, I hope it's Randolph. We desperately need to keep Britts goals IMO and we barely have enough CBs as it is, so Fry (even though I honestly think he's had somewhat of a poor start to the season) can't go either.

Randolph has been absolutely brilliant for us, but I'd agree I would sooner sacrifice him than Fry or Britt.

Britt has been largely good lately, and has scored half of our goals in his time here, we can't replace him effectively in January, but I'd try to move him on in the summer and replace with somebody much cheaper as I don't think he's ever provided £15m performances.

Fry cost us nothing, is dedicated to Boro and we are so weak and thin defensively as is.

Randolph cost a fair chunk, is still worth a fair chunk, and Pears seems decent enough.

26 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

He seems to know what the net is for. Some tap ins and some beauties in there. Fair play Lewis

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, Humpty said:

Marvin Johnson's contract is up in June 2020. No one will pay money for him in January.

maybe not but fact reminds hes being touted out with Clayton too

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

2 wide players and a striker and i will be content. cheers @diggerlad07

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

maybe not but fact reminds hes being touted out with Clayton too

Marvin can stay until summer at least for me. He has he has become somewhat of a utility player for us which is welcome given our lack of numbers. He can play left wing-back and also either flank. And whilst he not been a world beater, minus his stupidity v Hull, he has performed well when called upon imo.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

2 wide players and a striker and i will be content. cheers @diggerlad07

I'd like us to add another CB as well that, especially if he's going to continue with the wingback system.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I suppose any offers for the big earners have to be accepted. Maybe Britts injury might scupper a move. If he does go we will need 2 attackers though.