Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, boronutter said:

We wont be getting ben gibson im sure. People shouldnt believe every rumour. Would like it though lol 

I really can't say any more than I have, but the reason I suggest he will be signing is genuine. And the person that told me I would absolutely stake my life on. After my parents and wife this person is the person I trust the most with anything 

 

Edit... On a separate note, Lawrence shankland being scouted by qpr. Scored 25 goals this season (granted for Dundee) so he knows where the goal is. Should be relatively cheap replacement if britt was to leave. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasnt suggesting you were telling porkies tudders   Just dont believe it with the amount of wages he would be on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dean Smith after City game confirmed villa are in the market for centre forwards. Interesting he said centre forward in plural and not singular. 

Wesley is out for season and on froday he confirmed he could not guarantee Kodija (only other striker at club) will defo be at club come Jan

Given they in market for 2 strikers hopefully one is Britt. Nothing personal against Britt but rather get best deal possible for him and that could be this Jan when some clubs desperation to avoid drop leads to over-priced signings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, boronutter said:

Wasnt suggesting you were telling porkies tudders   Just dont believe it with the amount of wages he would be on

That's why I'm very confident. I'm not concerned about the wages at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

That's why I'm very confident. I'm not concerned about the wages at all 

A bit cryptic Tudders. Is he going to play for free? Or is it just that you don’t have to pay them 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I really can't say any more than I have, but the reason I suggest he will be signing is genuine. And the person that told me I would absolutely stake my life on. After my parents and wife this person is the person I trust the most with anything 

 

Edit... On a separate note, Lawrence shankland being scouted by qpr. Scored 25 goals this season (granted for Dundee) so he knows where the goal is. Should be relatively cheap replacement if britt was to leave. 

Wouldn’t trust signing a striker called shankland xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

A bit cryptic Tudders. Is he going to play for free? Or is it just that you don’t have to pay them 😂

Loopholes mate, loopholes 😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news about Fulham potentially coming in for Assombalonga. If we can get a bidding war going between them and Aston Villa it will only be good news for the price we could get for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Loopholes mate, loopholes 😂😂

Uncle Steve is going to pay Ben's missus to brew up at Bulkhaul instead

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone close the team news; how fit is Britt and how far off first team football? Is it even viable that a team in need of a striker will buy him, or is he too far off form for a potential suitor to think it’s a good idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

So are we trying for Ben on a loan or permanent? 

Looking at both. Loan initially, permanent in the summer. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a guy who says that Ben Gibson owns a house near him in Great Ayton/Newton-under-Roseberry (I'm purposely being vague incase it's true), and that the he has been having massive renovations done to the house in recent months but they are nearly done now. From this he's using it as evidence that he's coming back imminently. I'm sceptical about it, but considering all the speculation I may as well stir the pot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...