oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Anyone close the team news; how fit is Britt and how far off first team football? Is it even viable that a team in need of a striker will buy him, or is he too far off form for a potential suitor to think it’s a good idea?

He apparently could feature against Fulham, so he's getting there if it's not Woodgate spinning a yarn.

2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I know a guy who says that Ben Gibson owns a house near him in Great Ayton/Newton-under-Roseberry (I'm purposely being vague incase it's true), and that the he has been having massive renovations done to the house in recent months but they are nearly done now. From this he's using it as evidence that he's coming back imminently. I'm sceptical about it, but considering all the speculation I may as well stir the pot.

Sceptical about it being true or sceptical that it would mean he is coming back? 

1 minute ago, Tudders80 said:

Sceptical about it being true or sceptical that it would mean he is coming back? 

I’m sceptical if the house he’s talking about it Ben Gibson’s. It’s certainly a Gibson’s though as the outside has the name Gibson on it. Also, even if there is renovation work being done, it doesn’t prove he’s coming back.

I’m sure it’s not uncommon for a wealthy guy to have a nice home in his hometown despite working elsewhere. I’d find it weirder if he didn’t have. 

4 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’m sceptical if the house he’s talking about it Ben Gibson’s. It’s certainly a Gibson’s though as the outside has the name Gibson on it. Also, even if there is renovation work being done, it doesn’t prove he’s coming back.

Doesn't Steve have a house near there? I seen Steve driving his Aston Martin in Helmsley once. 

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Britt won't be going anywhere 

Why is that?

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Britt won't be going anywhere 

👀

If only there was someone ‘claiming to be his friend’ who’d said this all along...

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Doesn't Steve have a house near there? I seen Steve driving his Aston Martin in Helmsley once. 

Steve is getting a house/hotel built in Kirbymoorside which is near Helmsley. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Must love that bakery in Helmsley then.

21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I’m sure it’s not uncommon for a wealthy guy to have a nice home in his hometown despite working elsewhere. I’d find it weirder if he didn’t have. 

This. His entire family still lives here and he is back in area very regularly. In fact I seen Ben Gibson on Teesside several times since he left. Certainly more than i seen any current boro player.

15 minutes ago, Duvel said:

It's a damned site bigger than a house!! 

29 minutes ago, p_mards said:

If it is his you're absolutely right. Renovating his house would prove nothing. Certainly wouldn't prove he is coming back, irrespective of the size of the renovations 

3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

It's a damned site bigger than a house!! 

Its huge and he is living there... heard had a little issue on xmas day.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Its huge and he is living there... heard had a little issue on xmas day.

Aspects of that place are scary. And some people think he's broke 🤔🤔