• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

Think if you have a back 3 of Gibson Ayala and Fry gives Coulson and Spence more freedom think we will cause teams all sorts of problems. Think it will be more solid at the back and the pace throughout the team. That team will definitely climb the league quickly will it be good enough to get in the Play Offs?? Fingers crossed I don't think we will be far away, who thought we would be saying that a month ago?? 

Considering Fry has been our worst player all season and Howson has been a revelation since moving to CB, why would you considering swapping out Howson? Why has Fry got such a good reputation? It's Madness.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Considering Fry has been our worst player all season and Howson has been a revelation since moving to CB, why would you considering swapping out Howson? Why has Fry got such a good reputation? It's Madness.

I think if you move him back across in the back 3 you will see him regain his form (I hope) 

10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think when Woodgate refers to Britt as his best striker he means his best goalscorer. And I would agree with him on that.

If we are talking about overall play then that is another matter. Tho i don't think that is what Woodgate means. He refers to britt as "my number 9" which i took to mean my main goalscorer.

He did make that comment back in August, 5 1/2months later does he feel the same or is he available for transfer?

6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Apart from dawdling on the ball on saturday he's been pretty good in the last month like the rest of the team. We need him to get back up to speed at CB more than Howson. He's the future and a big sellable asset if he can find the form that he has shown before. It doesn't help that he's been playing on the left of a three. Had it been on the opposite side he would probably have cleared that ball on saturday.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chickenlunch said:

£50m and they're building it out of basic house bricks? ....weird. looks ugly to me. Especially compared to how it used to look from what I can tell.

It won't be basic house bricks and are you not a fan of the royal Albert hall, Rockliffe Hall, St Pancras or the many other beautiful heritage brick buildings?

It'll take time for the bricks to settle and age mind but I wouldn't worry too much if I was Gibbo with Robert McAlpine leading on it

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
Auto correct to st pancreas was not ideal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

This is just plain wrong. I'm all for everyone having their opinion but this is just wrong 😂

• Like 2

Fry has not had a good season, though. Might not be the worst of the lot but I don't think it says a great deal about him when 2 midfielders have performed better in defence than he has, even if he is playing on the wrong side of the 3.

22 minutes ago, Will said:

This is just plain wrong. I'm all for everyone having their opinion but this is just wrong 😂

I would argue he is probably in the top 3 for bad seasons so far. He has picked it up lately but he has not started strongly.

9 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Experienced pro, got three or four prem seasons in his locker and promoted a couple of times I think, bit short for a CB, he's like 5 10-5 11 IIRC. Never stopped Franco Baresi though.

My concern with this link is, 'Is he a replacement for Ayala?'

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

Experienced pro, got three or four prem seasons in his locker and promoted a couple of times I think, bit short for a CB, he's like 5 10-5 11 IIRC. Never stopped Jonny F'in Howson though.

My concern with this link is, 'Is he a replacement for Ayala?'

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I would argue he is probably in the top 3 for bad seasons so far. He has picked it up lately but he has not started strongly.

I'd perhaps judge him more harshly if he wasn't playing on his wrong foot all the time. If Ayala was pushed out to the left it would have a massive impact on his performances (larger than it does to Fry), Fry gets pushed out there because he's the most comfortable of our CB's out there, but he's not comfortable if that makes sense.