oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Name a worse player that's starting every game, please. He's been absolutely shocking, you can go back nearly every game and pick out mistakes he's made leading to goals. Awful awful player he brings nothing to the team.

Oh come off it, you're on the wind up now.

• Like 5
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Name a worse player that's starting every game, please. He's been absolutely shocking, you can go back nearly every game and pick out mistakes he's made leading to goals. Awful awful player he brings nothing to the team.

Who hurt you? 

James Chester? No way unless it's on severly reduced terms. I could take loaning him until the end of the season for 50% of his wages and then reasses in the summer, but I don't want to be handing him a contract anywhere near the current one. Considering he is also turning 31 in 10 days I wouldn't go above a 2 year deal with an option of a third on Championship wages.

28 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Then I guess we'll be blessed if these players are happy to take pay cuts just to come here.  It's a weird turn of events after having to overpay every bugger up until now.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, wouldn't think anything would happen with Roberts before the summer anyway

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Then I guess we'll be blessed if these players are happy to take pay cuts just to come here.  It's a weird turn of events after having to overpay every bugger up until now.

I think Chesters contract runs out in the summer. No prem side will indulge him, he's dropped from prem league quality and is 31 in a couple of weeks. So he will be looking at the champo, and I don't see anyone paying above 20k for him there. He'll be lucky to get that to be honest. He will likely be looking for 3 years I would think to make up a little for his drop in wages.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

I think Chesters contract runs out in the summer. No prem side will indulge him, he's dropped from prem league quality and is 31 in a couple of weeks. So he will be looking at the champo, and I don't see anyone paying above 20k for him there. He'll be lucky to get that to be honest. He will likely be looking for 3 years I would think to make up a little for his drop in wages.

Still rather have Ben, if we can afford him.

• Like 1

What a back 3 we would have if Gibson did come back! 
Personally I’d drop fry and keep howson in there if he did, haven’t been that impressed with him this season he’s been all over the place at times.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-london-club-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-tottenham-player-after-breakthrough/

We kind of knew by this point but QPR seem like they've wrapped up Clarke.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-keeper-bid-fails/

Also West Ham have had a 7 million bid rejected for Etheridge which is mental, I doubt they want to shell out 11 million for 2 GKs so it makes you wonder if the Randolph move is already dead...

Top WH source: “The bid was turned down by Cardiff. We are still waiting on Randolph but his injury is a worry! "

54 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Another 3 year deal for someone 30+ and he's no longer Premier League quality?  I suppose I'd ask what the point is then?  A 31 year old to replace the 31 year old we currently have that we don't want because we are paying him too much and really he's not that good.  Sounds like a plan.

I do get what you're saying though, it just feels like we're repeating what we've done recently without success.

1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

Guess we'll have to wait and see, wouldn't think anything would happen with Roberts before the summer anyway

No, you're right, it seemed like something for the summer.  I'm just confused as to how this is possible all of a sudden when nothing like it seemed possible a few months ago.  A new wage structure, won't pay more than £10k per week and a few months later that's out the window?  There's no way we're signing these players on less than that, if we are able to sign them of course, so something has drastically changed it would seem or it's ***.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Jesus this Randolph saga is taking long. You’d think it was 100 million pound deal. 

🤷‍♂️

If he's getting a hefty pay rise there then I suppose they'll want to make sure he's fine.  What was the original injury that he had?  Was it a torn thigh muscle?

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, you're right, it seemed like something for the summer.  I'm just confused as to how this is possible all of a sudden when nothing like it seemed possible a few months ago.  A new wage structure, won't pay more than £10k per week and a few months later that's out the window?  There's no way we're signing these players on less than that, if we are able to sign them of course, so something has drastically changed it would seem or it's ***.

Maybe the lack of expenditure in the summer and the possible sales are loosening the purse strings a little.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

🤷‍♂️

If he's getting a hefty pay rise there then I suppose they'll want to make sure he's fine.  What was the original injury that he had?  Was it a torn thigh muscle?

I understand that but his medical have now taken a week or so.