oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

47 minutes ago, Blanco said:

He seems to know what the net is for.

To stop the ball if one of our players accidentally miskicks it into the goal?

Just now, Changing Times said:

To stop the ball if one of our players accidentally miskicks it into the goal?

Yes something like that. I can see why you’re the most knowledgeable poster on here CT 😀

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Yes something like that. I can see why you’re the most knowledgeable poster on here CT 😀

I'm glad that people are finally starting to recognise this 👍

• Haha 2

On Quest last night they mentioned that Randall Williams was very highly rated and being looked at by clubs higher up in the EFL.  He played a part in all 3 of their goals I think and he looked like a proper, left footed winger. 

It was only from the 1 min highlights but he reminded me a bit of the academy graduate that we don't like to mention anymore.

Checked them both out on transfermrkt and neither look like a character you would want to encounter in a dark alley! Leaving that aside, both seem to have good stats this season so far, but the question remains whether they can make the step up like our summer signings have generally failed to do so far. 

I can’t see why a decent player would want to come into a struggling club, and one that is better than what we already have. Woody brought players in which only made up the numbers, and I don’t trust him to do any different but waste money doing the same thing. The fact being this is a decent team which is 9 points off mid table, 12 from a play off and a missive 25 points from top, so why would you trust Woody with the clubs future and the last of the cash.  

I see two to three cash ins and two to three head counts coming in to get through the season, and we will see more of our youth. We will try to consolidate a championship position and that’s about it for our future. 

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Randolph has been absolutely brilliant for us, but I'd agree I would sooner sacrifice him than Fry or Britt.

Britt has been largely good lately, and has scored half of our goals in his time here, we can't replace him effectively in January, but I'd try to move him on in the summer and replace with somebody much cheaper as I don't think he's ever provided ÂŁ15m performances.

Fry cost us nothing, is dedicated to Boro and we are so weak and thin defensively as is.

Randolph cost a fair chunk, is still worth a fair chunk, and Pears seems decent enough.

Yep, exactly how I feel too.

So this winger is a left winger? Not a position we need. We are desperately short of right wing options. If we do recruit please let it be for positions we are actually short in, instead of playing players out of position just to make do.

6 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

So this winger is a left winger? Not a position we need. We are desperately short of right wing options. If we do recruit please let it be for positions we are actually short in, instead of playing players out of position just to make do.

He's been playing on the right, cutting in onto his left

• Like 1

When Gibson see's that the agents are asking for a sharing size bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps he will probably poo-poo any deals 

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

A few loans coming in in January. Told it's 4, possibly 5. 

Do you know if they'll be from other club's U23s or players with maybe a bit more experience?

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

A few loans coming in in January. Told it's 4, possibly 5. 

How many players going out the door or potentially going out?