oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Friend’s hoping to be back in a couple of weeks. 

Be good addition to the squad but i feel Coulson is leagues ahead now. Finally got the pace down the flanks we craved now and George isn't going to be back to where he was a few years ago. I wouldn't have him in the back 3 either

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

I'm not really sure I want us to bring anyone else in anyway, bar another CB.

If Britt's staying, as it sounds like right now, we're set up front, and we've already got a lot of midfielders if we ever have fit defenders again.

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7882717/Darren-Randolph-passed-fit-Middlesbrough-despite-West-Ham-having-hold.html

'Sportsmail understands Hammers put the move on hold, not because the injury hasn't sufficiently healed, but rather over concerns the keeper could suffer a recurrence of the problem given he has only recently recovered which would raise obvious questions over the medical.'

They say West Ham are still hopeful but honestly if they're simply worried about Randolph possibly reinjuring himself quickly even though he's technically fit to play then I don't know where we stand if you approach transfers that way you'd never sign anyone and if after assessing him for a week you're still terrified he'll limp off on debut how will waiting an extra few days change your mind?

It just sounds so stupid. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm not really sure I want us to bring anyone else in anyway, bar another CB.

If Britt's staying, as it sounds like right now, we're set up front, and we've already got a lot of midfielders if we ever have fit defenders again.

Agree. We need very little imo. Why upset a great formula now

West Ham should be told to go do one. From our point of view having the best keeper in the league can only be a positive. The two Man City youngsters look like an upgrade on the two we have sent out on loan and we are starting to look like a good team now. Randolph could be the difference to us forcing our way into the playoffs 

• Like 5

Certain potential outgoings are probably the best business we can do this month due to wages etc. Gestede and Shotton then Britt and Randolph with their contract situations. 

13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

West Ham should be told to go do one. From our point of view having the best keeper in the league can only be a positive. The two Man City youngsters look like an upgrade on the two we have sent out on loan and we are starting to look like a good team now. Randolph could be the difference to us forcing our way into the playoffs 

You’re getting ahead of yourself there

2 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

You’re getting ahead of yourself there

Maybe. Maybe not. I wouldn’t have said it a month ago but a continuation of our current form could see it happen. If the outfield form was to continue then Randolph would make a huge difference in the goal IMO

27 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Be good addition to the squad but i feel Coulson is leagues ahead now. Finally got the pace down the flanks we craved now and George isn't going to be back to where he was a few years ago. I wouldn't have him in the back 3 either

If fit I'd have him play left of the back 3 over Fry every week. He's a leader, aggressive, good in the air and better on the deck.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I wouldn’t have said it a month ago but a continuation of our current form could see it happen. If the outfield form was to continue then Randolph would make a huge difference in the goal IMO

I wouldn't be dropping Pears immediately if Randolph stays though. What sort of message would that put out?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wouldn't be dropping Pears immediately in Randolph stays though. What sort of message would that put out?

That Randolph is no1 choice as keeper and Pears his Deputy, I don’t think this would be an issue for either player tbh

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

That Randolph is no1 choice as keeper and Pears his Deputy, I don’t think this would be an issue for either player tbh

Yes. I'm sure Pears doesn't all of a sudden think he's better than Randolph. It'll be a bummer for him to get dropped, but not the end of the world. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wouldn't be dropping Pears immediately if Randolph stays though. What sort of message would that put out?

I get what you are saying DZ and have empathy for your point but.... it is professional sport and results are sacrosanct. As it stands Randolph is a better keeper than Pears and therefore gets the shirt IMO

• Like 1