oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This is exactly what we've done but Randolph hasn't exactly been resistant to the move either.

I don't think he's been resistant to it either, mate.  But there is a difference between wanting out and refusing to play and being held out and not being against a move.  I think the former you could criticise a player for if you wanted to but the latter is more about the club than him.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

I see you are determined to be right so I’ll leave you at it. You are the one who has this one wrong and I think you are out of order trying to make Randolph out to be some sort of a rebel. And I do know his parents quite well. My son was in the same class as Randolph’s younger brother Neil and still is in contact with him now. But you are right as always 🙄

Lmao i'm not making him out to be some sort of rebel at all. I'm just saying he hasn't been pushed out of the club and he's not desperate to stay here either. 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We've played well in about three games.  Four if you count the Charlton game I suppose.  I think people are getting carried away considering we're 16th and that.  Let's see if we can continue this for another 10 games or so before we talk about building something special.

Bloody hell lad give over 😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lmao i'm not making him out to be some sort of rebel at all. I'm just saying he hasn't been pushed out of the club and he's not desperate to stay here either. 

But he was held out of the games by the club?  He didn't refuse to play?

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Younger by 2 years, 9 more premier league appearances and Randolph is a much better keeper. 

Market value is how much a player is worth in terms of talent and ability. Us having to sell is precisely why we are having to sell at below market value.  

Market Value is how much someone is willing to pay, no one would pay anymore than 4-5m for Randolph and that's a simple fact.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think he's been resistant to it either, mate.  But there is a difference between wanting out and refusing to play and being held out and not being against a move.  I think the former you could criticise a player for if you wanted to but the latter is more about the club than him.

I mean I don't think i've ever once said on here that he's refused to play? If I have then please show me and i'll hold my hands up. You can't make a player leave a club unless they want to go as well.

Just now, DevKWat said:

Bloody hell lad give over 😂

Go on then, go through all of the games we've played well in recently.  I make it West Brom, Preston, Derby and the Charlton game.  We were crap against Stoke, absolutely dreadful for most of it, we weren't much better against Huddersfield and possibly deserved to lose with the chances they missed.  Lost at Swansea before that, drew at Forest and did nothing for 70 mins with people on here *** off about it.  The Charlton game was before that, which is game number four that we played well in.  Prior to that we got battered at Leeds, beat Barnsley in the rain and drew with Hull where we were good for about 37 mins.  

• Wow 2

Randolph may not of asked to leave or even want to leave but if he was offered a better deal in a better league. Then I'm sure he would be receptive to it despite being happy here. I guess he wouldn't even entertain it if it was to a club in the championship, on similar money to what he is on now. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

But he was held out of the games by the club?  He didn't refuse to play?

As far as I know the decision to not play him has been made by the club, yes.

FWIW the latest information I was given about Randolph was the first week in January, things might have changed since then. It's 100% fact though that he's been available to play for over a month, he was even photographed in training which was mentioned on here by someone.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I mean I don't think i've ever once said on here that he's refused to play? If I have then please show me and i'll hold my hands up. You can't make a player leave a club unless they want to go as well.

So you can’t make a player leave? How about not playing him when he’s been fit for a month (according to you)?

How about the club putting on the poor mouth and asking him to go for the sake of the survival of the club?

How about him doing the gentlemanly thing and agreeing to it only for people like you to blacken his good name and try to turn people against him?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

As far as I know the decision to not play him has been made by the club, yes.

FWIW the latest information I was given about Randolph was the first week in January, things might have changed since then. It's 100% fact though that he's been available to play for over a month, he was even photographed in training which was mentioned on here by someone.

Yeah, I just think it's important that people understand that bit in bold, that's all.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

So you can’t make a player leave? How about not playing him when he’s been fit for a month (according to you)?

How about the club putting on the poor mouth and asking him to go for the sake of the survival of the club?

How about him doing the gentlemanly thing and agreeing to it only for people like you to blacken his good name and try to turn people against him?

Blacken his good name? Hahahaha give over.

Is this a bit i'm not getting or do you honestly think i'm trying to villify Randolph here? He's been nothing but professional about this whole situation. Doesn't mean he doesn't want to leave.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Go on then, go through all of the games we've played well in recently.  I make it West Brom, Preston, Derby and the Charlton game.  We were crap against Stoke, absolutely dreadful for most of it, we weren't much better against Huddersfield and possibly deserved to lose with the chances they missed.  Lost at Swansea before that, drew at Forest and did nothing for 70 mins with people on here *** off about it.  The Charlton game was before that, which is game number four that we played well in.  Prior to that we got battered at Leeds, beat Barnsley in the rain and drew with Hull where we were good for about 37 mins.  

I agree with you on most of this, plus the Spurs game, but do you not remember Fletcher missing an open net from 1 yard out against Huddersfield? That far outweighs any chances they had.

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

How do you know Randolph wasn't part of the decision not to play? None of us know, except maybe a few with close sources within the club