oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Woops, I'd actually forgotten the home game. 

I'd disagree we deserved to lose that, but maybe a draw wouldn't have been unfair.

Yeah, a draw actually is probably a better reflection of the game.  It was just their good chances I remember and thinking we got off the hook a little.  My point was that we didn't really play well in that game though.  We didn't play well in the game before that against Stoke.  We won both though, which is great.  We played better in the following two away games and I thought we played well enough against Derby even though we didn't get the win.  That's not a lot to go on though when people start talking about building something special.  If performances are still at this level in ten games time then yeah we can talk about being at the beginning of something.  I think we need to see more than we have so far.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Could not give two figs if he wanted to go, wanted to stay or what. What is more annoying is the question about his state of fitness. One assumes if he is fit he would now be a WHU player. God knows why he has not played of late, If he has not been played due to the club wanting to move him on then that has backfired big time. As for Gibson coming back not a chance hell with our financial situation.

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I have never made him out to be anything other than a professional footballer in all of this. Now you're just putting words in my mouth which frankly, is ridiculous.

Think you need to chill fella and stop taking this so personally.

I’m happy to leave it at that DZ. I apologise if I have misrepresented your comments but I do believe that Randolph has been misrepresented in this entire situation.

What will be will be, I dunno what Randolph and the club have done or said to each other, The last link to the club I had was knowing Colin Henderson, 

I also don’t know what Randolph or his relatives have said to others is either as I’ve never met them let alone had information given to me.

I appreciate the information that those that do have post up on here as it helps me create a picture of what’s going on to complement the in-depth knowledge the Gazette gives out. 

Id be happy to keep Randolph at the club as he clearly happy here and feels fit, but can accept him leaving if he offered more money playing in a bigger league and improving his international place. If he not wanted by the club for whatever reason that’s a club call and depending on it only the future or smarties have all the answers to those questions.

I think Blanco was reacting to some of the comments that said Pears should play because he wants to be here as if Randolph had been trying to get a move away, which doesn't seem to be the case.  Like I said, if he doesn't move then the club need to come out and be honest about why he hasn't been playing.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, a draw actually is probably a better reflection of the game.  It was just their good chances I remember and thinking we got off the hook a little.  My point was that we didn't really play well in that game though.  We didn't play well in the game before that against Stoke.  We won both though, which is great.  We played better in the following two away games and I thought we played well enough against Derby even though we didn't get the win.  That's not a lot to go on though when people start talking about building something special.  If performances are still at this level in ten games time then yeah we can talk about being at the beginning of something.  I think we need to see more than we have so far.

Maybe  we need to take it with the context needed though, we were in dire form and have got ourselves in a much better position with shoots of potential in their too.

I wouldn't write off games where we didn't play well in the entirety either because it still showed us a lot about what we have to offer, plus we got promoted whilst hardly setting the world alight in every game. The championship is attrition, rather than an adventure.

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Maybe  we need to take it with the context needed though, we were in dire form and have got ourselves in a much better position with shoots of potential in their too.

I wouldn't write off games where we didn't play well in the entirety either because it still showed us a lot about what we have to offer, plus we got promoted whilst hardly setting the world alight in every game. The championship is attrition, rather than an adventure.

Absolutely, but building something special is more than a few results, to me at least.  I'm far happier now than I was two months ago but I want to see this continue for a while yet that's all.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Absolutely, but building something special is more than a few results, to me at least.  I'm far happier now than I was two months ago but I want to see this continue for a while yet that's all.

Honestly I'm not bothered about something special, I just want to see us win more than we lose but I agree there is potentially more being made of the positives than is necessary

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wish my brother was online, he'll have heard more recent information and may be able to clear some of this up!

I don't think it would make any difference. Both versions have been around for a while and some of the people who don't know exactly where the information is coming from will continue to make decisions based on what they want to hear. Diggerlad restating what he has been told would not make any difference. I know who one of his main sources is (although I would not ever name the person) and therefore can make a judgement about likely credibility. Members who do not know who his source is may make different assessments.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I thought something exciting had happened 😞

This is The Boro, I try to avoid putting Boro and exciting together... I’m happy with entertaining or even pantomime. Lol