oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

32 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Chelsea have a habit of doing this....Winston Bogarde!

Winny B was an absolute beast on Championship/Football Manager back in the day! Won many a league with him a Taribo West at the back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Punching is pretty common amongst UK keepers these days tbh, it's not the 90's anymore.

In a crowd penalty box, there's less chance of spilling it straight at the feet of an opponent and b) it opens the opportunity for an instant counter attack, rather than catching, falling to the ground, waiting til the box clears, then everyone is marked.

I don't think they're coached to punch in spite of the fact that 'catching is better' ...cos, like... why would they do that?

4 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

Winny B was an absolute beast on Championship/Football Manager back in the day! Won many a league with him a Taribo West at the back

Or Georghe Mihajlivic as a left wing back .. 😉 

Martin palermo up front with van nistlerooy. Got over 100 a season between them 

10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Or Georghe Mihajlivic as a left wing back .. 😉 

Lars Kristian Eriksen for me. What a beast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White Band said:

Yes. Even De Gea struggled with catches when he moved to Man U, and he moved there as a top international goal keeper.  They are taught to punch or parry, not to catch. 

As long he keeps the ball out of the onion bag  I don't care if he uses his backside

• Like 1

I remember one of my better Boro teams a long time ago in FM had Gonzalo Higuain before he officially moved to Europe, was banging in the goals for me and I was thinking he'd be one of those that never made it in real life. Even after he ended up at Real, it seemed to take a while for him to get going. Only turned out a little wrong, there...

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I remember one of my better Boro teams a long time ago in FM had Gonzalo Higuain before he officially moved to Europe, was banging in the goals for me and I was thinking he'd be one of those that never made it in real life. Even after he ended up at Real, it seemed to take a while for him to get going. Only turned out a little wrong, there...

Robinho was like that for me. Hellish good on FM too.

It would also be their last chance to get money for a player whose contract expires in the summer.

Don't see us paying a million quid for him if he's free in 6 months.