oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Could even be part of the Randolph deal having them give us first option on him, whether by means of a loan or permanent signing this month or in the summer.

We could do with an experienced defender but if it's a choice between trudging along trying to scrape together the pennies for Gibson or what I would suspect would be a significantly cheaper option with Oxford, I'd prefer the latter right now.

Augsburg signed him last summer on a 4 year contract.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Oxford certainly seemed hyped up when with West Ham. I would however like us to source a left footed CB. Not only would it give balance but I think Fry will be a lot more comfortable on the right.

• Like 1

I remember his debut away at Arsenal when he was 16 and he was one of the best players on the pitch. I dont think the changing of managers over the last 5 years at West Ham helped him, he was tipped for the very top.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

That's the pre-match weight. Modern balls are far better at repelling water.The old balls would soak it up more.  Anyone that headed a ball in the 70s or even a 1980s Mitre Delta will tell you the difference from a modern ball.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

iirc it was the adidas roteiro ball from euro 2004 when the big changes happened..

64f9440d2cc04939027ed24049f8d5e4--soccer

Yeah that one shifted about, the jubalana went completely over the top, it was like when you volley a penny floater.

10 hours ago, Duvel said:

I literally couldn't think of a worse signing if I was a Stoke fan. I've loved George for us but his best days are well behind him and he's had a lot of injuries. 

The story doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

I was told that he has had chronic back issues for 2 years, that he has been 'managing'. I would think it is more likely that he will retire than move.

5 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Yeah that one shifted about, the jubalana went completely over the top, it was like when you volley a penny floater.

You mean a “flyaway” 😉

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

That George friend article is a glitch on the website I think. I’m pretty sure that article is from November and it has accidentally been reposted

Yep

Woodgate said he thinks he'll get a 'few more in' suggests 2-3 personally I want people who'll be here past May since the season now is a write off I saw Oxford to Venlo was going to be an option to buy in the summer for 2.5 million euros if that one comes through hopefully we'll have the option.

Freeman, Jones and Oxford would do us nicely all 3 we could feasibly sign permanently in the summer and not break the bank if they perform well.

19 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Woodgate said he thinks he'll get a 'few more in' suggests 2-3 personally I want people who'll be here past May since the season now is a write off I saw Oxford to Venlo was going to be an option to buy in the summer for 2.5 million euros if that one comes through hopefully we'll have the option.

Freeman, Jones and Oxford would do us nicely all 3 we could feasibly sign permanently in the summer and not break the bank if they perform well.

Who is Jones?

Mark Drury asked Woodgate about Ben Gibson. Drury said obviously Ben has been seen in and around the place (referring to Rockcliffe i assume) and if that is someone he would like. Woodgate said he the chairman's nephew so he can visit whenever he likes. When he was pushed if he woild want Gibson back he said "lets see what happens".