Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

Just now, OldManGravz said:

Who is Jones?

Jordan Jones. Our ex academy player now at Rangers but out of favour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incidentally Jordan Jones started his first game tonight for rangers in months. I am not huge on Jones. I think there better out there.

I believe @Smoggydownsouth said we want 2 more. Hopefully a CB and a wider player. Would love the latter to be a permanent as that would possibly be one less problem position that needs filling in summer. And we will have plenty of positions that need filling anyway come summer time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18169841.middlesbrough-targeting-former-west-ham-defender-reece-oxford/

Echo have confirmed we've made an approach to loan Oxford and we're hopeful of convincing him to come.

On Jordan Jones he played a cup game with Rangers fringe players/youngsters played got hooked after 60 minutes by Gerrard who said he was bored watching them in the first hour. He's the only consistent attacking loan link left on the table and I think he'll end up leaving Rangers soon it's whether it's us or Stoke he definitely would give us something on the left cutting inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Jordan Jones. Our ex academy player now at Rangers but out of favour

Ah yeah, I had forgotten about that, was trying to figure out who we had been linked to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woodgate also said that he would have loved to have played a back 4 tonight obviously couldn’t since we only have 1 for centre half. 
 

Personally think Woody wants to go back to the original plan of 4-3-3 as soon as he possibly can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought Reece Oxford was a DM? I swear that’s when he played in that game against arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really one to share info but been told tonight there is definite interest in Gibson and both parties want it to happen. This information is from the same guy that told me about Ste Walker starting against Stoke which I posted about in the matchday thread a good few days before. As I say just passing on information but makes it more interesting after Woody’s BBC Tees interview. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CWC said:

Not really one to share info but been told tonight there is definite interest in Gibson and both parties want it to happen. This information is from the same guy that told me about Ste Walker starting against Stoke which I posted about in the matchday thread a good few days before. As I say just passing on information but makes it more interesting after Woody’s BBC Tees interview. 

A few ITK people have said that Gibson would be done already if not for the financial aspects of the deal. Hopefully Randolph leaving means that's closer to being sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CWC said:

Not really one to share info but been told tonight there is definite interest in Gibson and both parties want it to happen. This information is from the same guy that told me about Ste Walker starting against Stoke which I posted about in the matchday thread a good few days before. As I say just passing on information but makes it more interesting after Woody’s BBC Tees interview. 

Missed the interview... what was said? Also ref Ben... yes interest from both sides though I have It on good authority If it doesn't move on soon we wont wait... woody knows the next 6 games good be critical and wants players in early as poss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Missed the interview... what was said? Also ref Ben... yes interest from both sides though I have It on good authority If it doesn't move on soon we wont wait... woody knows the next 6 games good be critical and wants players in early as poss.

Drury asked him he knows Ben been in and around the place. He someone you want.  Woodgate said he chairman's nephew so he can visit whenever but when pushed if he wants him he said lets wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I always thought Reece Oxford was a DM? I swear that’s when he played in that game against arsenal.

You are correct, he did play DM v Arsenal but he is essentially a Paddy McNair in reverse. Paddy obv being a CM who can play CB if need be. Oxford is a CB who can play DM given he is very comfortable with ball at his feet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Drury asked him he knows Ben been in and around the place. He someone you want.  Woodgate said he chairman's nephew so he can visit whenever but when pushed if he wants him he said lets wait and see.

Thanks 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I’d rather have Oxford than Gibson. Maybe get Chester in on loan too. I honestly can’t see why we’d risk financial stability to bring Gibson back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daveymfc said:

Personally, I’d rather have Oxford than Gibson. Maybe get Chester in on loan too. I honestly can’t see why we’d risk financial stability to bring Gibson back 

Defo will be 2 I think... though was told it's a RB and CB but could be 2 CBs and then Howson can cover RB. No more attackers. Chester on just as much as Gibbo in wages mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Defo will be 2 I think... though was told it's a RB and CB but could be 2 CBs and then Howson can cover RB. No more attackers. Chester on just as much as Gibbo in wages mate.

Really? I guess he’s probably too expensive too unless it was a loan till his contract was up. 
 

I definitely think we should be looking at Oxford above all others mentioned. I really like him and he fits the mould exactly in what we’re essentially looking for long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Barcelona first team players have a agreed to a paycut of £110 Million (per year). This is on top of the squad agreeing to defer £45 Million in bonuses. There was talk at the beginning of this month that if they couldn't cut around £150 Million off the wage bill for this season, that the threat of bankruptcy was very real.
    • As others have said, I would guess that the team that finished the derby game will likely start this fixture, with those who were subbed being introduced late on. The 5 subs rule allows us to comfortably rotate an entire attacking setup. Very useful if you have a good enough manager to utilise it.
    • If you dont mind a short drive get yourself booked into Art La Vey up towards Newcastle. That guy is head and shoulders above most in Boro. Mark at Nothingsacred in Stockton is class if you're wanting some dotwork done
    • H Birmingham City v Millwall H Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley H Cardiff City v Luton Town D Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers A Huddersfield Town v Middlesbrough H Norwich City v Coventry City A Rotherham United v AFC Bournemouth D Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke City H Watford v Preston North End   SUNDAY 29TH NOVEMBER A Nottingham Forest v Swansea City
    • Knowing the quality of the Daily Fail, they probably have Fulham as the Premiership club wanting him. It boils down to the lad's views on his future, his contract ends there ends in the summer, so everything in his hands, If he does not fancy move, then "agreement on terms could not be reached. If he wants away, not a lot we can do to stop him but there are not that many top rem teams looking for keepers, so it should be fairly easy to work out likely suspects, assuming not jut agent talk trying to get us to make decent offer in future 
×
×
  • Create New...