oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yep just seen that. Replaced by that Keith Long. Might find out after the game.

He's such an irrelevance to Burnley that I can't imagine the journalists would think to ask specifically. 

Unless Dyche mentions it in a general transfer question.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

I don't think we will accept, but even if we did, I think Fry would reject it. Why would he go there to be back up? He's seen from Gibbo what that does to your career. 

He might as well stick with us and play for the next 12 months and get experience, then see who is interested

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, boronutter said:

time will tell,personally dont think it will,heres hoping tho

Steve Gibson wants him to come back and i'm pretty sure Woodgate would be happy with it so it'll happen. Especially as Burnley have been letting him work on his fitness at Rockliffe.

Also from what i've been told Ben Gibson is desperate to leave Burnley and only wants to come here.

3 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Fry hasn't been the same since he got injured. not saying it is just this, but the problem is he came back and then had to be the one of the main guys at the back in a difficult time when results weren't going our way. Been much better when playing alongside Ayala or Ben imo. He will develop, but at the moment he just hasn't been great in certain situations. Don't think it helps going through different centre back partnerships due to injuries either. Looked the part against Spurs at home though. Really did

he is playing on the wrong side, and didn't have a pre-season. He obviously is slightly off the pace this year, but he has shown the potential to be top class. We just need to stick with him

• Like 1

Fry has shown enough potential to warrant plenty of faith. I appreciate he’s made mistakes but this season has been very makeshift at the back from keeper, to central pairing and wingback/fullbacks and formations and tactics. Can’t be easy. Playing on the left of a three is obviously not easy because he is so one footed. Always looks to shift the ball into his right foot and when under pressure that leads to mistakes. He is one of those players that need full faith and play every week unless he physically needs a break. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Steve Gibson wants him to come back and i'm pretty sure Woodgate would be happy with it so it'll happen. Especially as Burnley have been letting him work on his fitness at Rockliffe.

Also from what i've been told Ben Gibson is desperate to leave Burnley and only wants to come here.

I don’t like the sound of this based on the fact that it sounds like a Gibson signing and not Woodgates.  

Didn’t we do the same with Stewy?

1 minute ago, Daveymfc said:

I don’t like the sound of this based on the fact that it sounds like a Gibson signing and not Woodgates.  

Yes, but we were paying Downing stupid wages and he was arguably past it. Ben Gibson isn't even in his prime.

2 minutes ago, Daveymfc said:

Stewy was the wrong side of 30 when we signed him.

22 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

he is playing on the wrong side, and didn't have a pre-season. He obviously is slightly off the pace this year, but he has shown the potential to be top class. We just need to stick with him

Completely agree with that, as much as I don't think he's one of the best in the league currently he still has every chance to become one of them and be ready for the prem