oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

£10m plus Gibson would do it for me. Although I'd rather we just bought Gibson & had them both.

I kinda view Gibson funding the deal to sign Gibson back as more his own thing tbh.. like the fact he's spent £50m on his big daft (ugly) house. He probably just wants his nephew back, so *** it, let him do it.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

https://t.co/BKaTOR1hKW
10mill for Fry rejected. Honestly that’s not far from what I’d be inclined to accept. Maybe 13-14. 

What value do people think Fry is worth?

Do we need to rush into selling him? I think the question is how much could we sell him for in the future? Don't get me wrong he has had a difficult season but does this mean we get rid after the first real interest shown in him. 

• Like 1

just asked windowcleaner about Dael as he also takes care of his house....Fry has no interest in being a benchwarmer miles from the rest of his family and unless forced out, would rather earn and play here where life suits him at the moment...obviously circumstances can change but "he would not be the first defender out the door".........don't know what last bit meant but guy said he had promised not to pass on something he had been told and I can understand that as he has to earn a living

Just now, Old Codger said:

just asked windowcleaner about Dael as he also takes care of his house....Fry has no interest in being a benchwarmer miles from the rest of his family and unless forced out, would rather earn and play here where life suits him at the moment...obviously circumstances can change but "he would not be the first defender out the door".........don't know what last bit meant but guy said he had promised not to pass on something he had been told and I can understand that as he has to earn a living

I'd imagine Shotton will be the first defender out the door.

6 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

OK then. Traore? Not good enough for barca and villa? It does happen you know. Teams let players go and they end up good 

Traore left Barcelona because he wanted a massive pay rise and they weren't willing to give him it at that time.  He left Villa because he was on big money, they'd been relegated and wanted shot of him.  I know people go on like Traore is a superstar but this season is the first season that he's done anything of note at the top level anywhere.  I do get what you mean, but there are far more players who teams let go and end up being right than there are mistakes.  If the lad is on good money then you have to factor that into how much you want him.

So Shotton has sold up his house up here and bought a new one outskirts of Stoke. Club have the option of extending for another yr which they were considering... the injury has caused issues as both Wigan and Stoke were keen before then. If club extends he will just live at Rockcliffe hotel. 

• Like 1

It’s been mentioned that Shotton is on fairly big wages and if that’s true I can’t see the club extending. However if we can’t offload him I don’t think we will be bringing in two defenders. He should be back in contention at the start of February so bringing in another two will likely be too much. 

8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Can’t think of a single reason why on Earth we would want to extend Shotton’s contract. Wages too high and a donkey on the pitch, let him go on a free ASAP 

to get a fee, agree getting rid would be my first choice but if there's money to be made and we don't end up supporting his next wage etc.

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Gazette reporting nothing in Oxford links.

Not surprised. Not a fan of him tbh. Honestly don't think we need much. Got players coming back too so be even less need. Summer is the one where we will see some overhauling on the squad.

I didn't realise we'd moved Mitchell Curry and Sam Stubbs away from their Scottish loans.

Curry is now at Gateshead and Sam Stubbs is in the Eredivisie with Alan Pardews ADO Den Haag. They both snuck by me.