Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There is no way Bamford is worth that much. If we think Britt is worth 10 mil (mainly because we overpaid) then you'd be willing to pay that for Bamford? No way. 

Hang on, you're saying Bamford isn't worth as much as Britt? Based on what? If you only go off what Leeds paid for Bamford and what we paid for Britt then yeah, you're gonna come to that conclusion. But who were the winners in that scenario?

I don't think Britt is worth £10m, Bamford probably isn't either but if it's an argument about who is worth more, who is the better player, who would be more difficult for a club to sign, Bamford wins that hands down.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I just don't get these ambiguous valuations picked out of the air, so they're £15mill plus but Bamford isn't £6m?

Not that it matters anyway, valuation and worth are subjective to the buyers and sellers I.e. the clubs so fan valuations are irrelevant.

Oh no I think Bamford is a £10m player based on the current market.

I was just naming some other players that would almost definitely go for that much were they to be sold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd sooner hang on to Britt than help Leeds.

Of the fans are turning on Bamford it wouldn't take long for them to turn on britt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Hang on, you're saying Bamford isn't worth as much as Britt? Based on what? If you only go off what Leeds paid for Bamford and what we paid for Britt then yeah, you're gonna come to that conclusion. But who were the winners in that scenario?

I don't think Britt is worth £10m, Bamford probably isn't either but if it's an argument about who is worth more, who is the better player, who would be more difficult for a club to sign, Bamford wins that hands down.

All I was saying was that the club supposedly values Britt around 10 mil and that's what they want for him. So exchanging him for Bamford would value Bamford at 10 million too as we'd get 0 money. I don't think either is worth 10 million on ability. In my eyes both are about 6 million. But that's just my own valuations. I know it's frowned upon on here to say something like that, but in my eyes Bamford is nothing more than an above standard championship player. Not a standout player that brings anything spectacular to the table like Mitrovic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

All I was saying was that the club supposedly values Britt around 10 mil and that's what they want for him. So exchanging him for Bamford would value Bamford at 10 million too as we'd get 0 money. I don't think either is worth 10 million on ability. In my eyes both are about 6 million. But that's just my own valuations. I know it's frowned upon on here to say something like that, but in my eyes Bamford is nothing more than an above standard championship player. Not a standout player that brings anything spectacular to the table like Mitrovic.

Don't think we can afford or attract many spectacular players these days. So proven players like at Bamfords level isn't a bad starting point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Britt for Bamford swap deal, I'd snap your bloody hands off.

And your wife’s hands and feet

your neighbours 

and your window cleaners 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so you think Bamford would take the pay cut?...he is history and the sooner people forget him the better ..about as honest as Arter and falls over even more than Hugill..mind you his penalties are a lot like Britt's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Borodane said:

All I was saying was that the club supposedly values Britt around 10 mil and that's what they want for him. So exchanging him for Bamford would value Bamford at 10 million too as we'd get 0 money. I don't think either is worth 10 million on ability. In my eyes both are about 6 million. But that's just my own valuations. I know it's frowned upon on here to say something like that, but in my eyes Bamford is nothing more than an above standard championship player. Not a standout player that brings anything spectacular to the table like Mitrovic.

I think Bamford is a better striker than we've got, I think he's a superior all-round forward to Britt, so if we swapped Britt for Bamford, we'd come out the better for it. Hey, if you want to throw an extra few quid coming our way into that deal then sure, I'm not gonna say no and indeed our club might negotiate as such if it came to that. But I would bite your hand off just at that swap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Bamford is a better striker than we've got, I think he's a superior all-round forward to Britt, so if we swapped Britt for Bamford, we'd come out the better for it. Hey, if you want to throw an extra few quid coming our way into that deal then sure, I'm not gonna say no and indeed our club might negotiate as such if it came to that. But I would bite your hand off just at that swap.

amen to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Bamford is a better striker than we've got, I think he's a superior all-round forward to Britt, so if we swapped Britt for Bamford, we'd come out the better for it. Hey, if you want to throw an extra few quid coming our way into that deal then sure, I'm not gonna say no and indeed our club might negotiate as such if it came to that. But I would bite your hand off just at that swap.

Won't happen anyway, Leeds are looking to strengthen their attacking options not replace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Yes I would agree with this if mid table like a month ago but as now we are heading league one we have to cut losses sack Woodgate get a Warnock in to keep us in the Championship. As if we get league one football it's a very long way back!
    • I enjoyed the game tonight tbh, despite it being freezing. I thought we went toe to toe with Leeds for the most part and could have quite easily nicked a goal or maybe even two on a different night. I'm not ready to completely write Woodgate off just yet - I think until he's had a proper chance to balance the squad to his liking over the summer & also get rid of all the various high earners (who've been pretty uninspired for several managers over several years now), it's kinda difficult to judge the poor bugger. He's clearly not doing a fantastic job, but I think a lot of managers would have struggled with us this season - espescially given the task of relying on youth and completely overhauling the playing style, but with pretty much the same core group.. All the young players will be a season better next year and hopefully the same will go for Woodgate. Assuming we make some positive moves/changes to the squad over the summer, we can start to build from there. Although I appreciate that it's fashionable to be negative on this forum, so with that said; Woodgate out!
    • The Forrest games on Monday this gives the club a long weekend of double training sessions. As honestly Gibson needs to say Woodgate will you resign if he doesn't sack him then get a Warnock in who be here 9am this morning getting them players drilled for 4 days. I reckon if this happened by Monday night the Boro will be transformed and may beat Forrest. But nope this won't happen the players will laze around for 4 days doing pre season like drills then stuffer another L on Sky. I don't actually think Boro have won a game live on Sky this year
    • Don't really want to see George¬† playing for us anymore, he has lost it totally. Food for thought I do not imagine for one moment that Ben Gibson will be donning a Boro shirt if we do go down
    • 352 britt and fletcher up front, howson or spence rwb, tav in the middle where he was doing well.¬†
×
×
  • Create New...