oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

39 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Bamford and 5 Mil for Britt 🙂

burt reynolds roger GIF

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There is no way Bamford is worth that much. If we think Britt is worth 10 mil (mainly because we overpaid) then you'd be willing to pay that for Bamford? No way. 

Hang on, you're saying Bamford isn't worth as much as Britt? Based on what? If you only go off what Leeds paid for Bamford and what we paid for Britt then yeah, you're gonna come to that conclusion. But who were the winners in that scenario?

I don't think Britt is worth ÂŁ10m, Bamford probably isn't either but if it's an argument about who is worth more, who is the better player, who would be more difficult for a club to sign, Bamford wins that hands down.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I just don't get these ambiguous valuations picked out of the air, so they're ÂŁ15mill plus but Bamford isn't ÂŁ6m?

Not that it matters anyway, valuation and worth are subjective to the buyers and sellers I.e. the clubs so fan valuations are irrelevant.

Oh no I think Bamford is a ÂŁ10m player based on the current market.

I was just naming some other players that would almost definitely go for that much were they to be sold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd sooner hang on to Britt than help Leeds.

Of the fans are turning on Bamford it wouldn't take long for them to turn on britt 

33 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Hang on, you're saying Bamford isn't worth as much as Britt? Based on what? If you only go off what Leeds paid for Bamford and what we paid for Britt then yeah, you're gonna come to that conclusion. But who were the winners in that scenario?

I don't think Britt is worth ÂŁ10m, Bamford probably isn't either but if it's an argument about who is worth more, who is the better player, who would be more difficult for a club to sign, Bamford wins that hands down.

All I was saying was that the club supposedly values Britt around 10 mil and that's what they want for him. So exchanging him for Bamford would value Bamford at 10 million too as we'd get 0 money. I don't think either is worth 10 million on ability. In my eyes both are about 6 million. But that's just my own valuations. I know it's frowned upon on here to say something like that, but in my eyes Bamford is nothing more than an above standard championship player. Not a standout player that brings anything spectacular to the table like Mitrovic.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

All I was saying was that the club supposedly values Britt around 10 mil and that's what they want for him. So exchanging him for Bamford would value Bamford at 10 million too as we'd get 0 money. I don't think either is worth 10 million on ability. In my eyes both are about 6 million. But that's just my own valuations. I know it's frowned upon on here to say something like that, but in my eyes Bamford is nothing more than an above standard championship player. Not a standout player that brings anything spectacular to the table like Mitrovic.

Don't think we can afford or attract many spectacular players these days. So proven players like at Bamfords level isn't a bad starting point.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Britt for Bamford swap deal, I'd snap your bloody hands off.

And your wife’s hands and feet

your neighbours 

and your window cleaners 

so you think Bamford would take the pay cut?...he is history and the sooner people forget him the better ..about as honest as Arter and falls over even more than Hugill..mind you his penalties are a lot like Britt's

29 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think Bamford is a better striker than we've got, I think he's a superior all-round forward to Britt, so if we swapped Britt for Bamford, we'd come out the better for it. Hey, if you want to throw an extra few quid coming our way into that deal then sure, I'm not gonna say no and indeed our club might negotiate as such if it came to that. But I would bite your hand off just at that swap.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Bamford is a better striker than we've got, I think he's a superior all-round forward to Britt, so if we swapped Britt for Bamford, we'd come out the better for it. Hey, if you want to throw an extra few quid coming our way into that deal then sure, I'm not gonna say no and indeed our club might negotiate as such if it came to that. But I would bite your hand off just at that swap.

amen to this

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Won't happen anyway, Leeds are looking to strengthen their attacking options not replace