oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Kike was underrated, Bamford was still a better striker. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Got to wonder what these journalists do all day to make stuff up....

All they are challenged to do is create a sellable story. 

I keep telling Anth this but he won't listen 🙄

6 hours ago, Bristol_Boro said:

It's become more complicated because the player they want to replace Gibson with is Dael Fry. 

Higher offer for Dael is imminent 

Ben won't be heading south

They are clearly very determined then?  He's not just one on a list of names?

5 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Anything over 10 just sell fry. Probably get him back in 2 years for less that half the price 

Aye, just view it as a really expensive loan signing for them, like Gibson 🙂

• Like 1

Does anyone think we need a midfielder who plays the Clayton role but with more legs? I don't think anyone bar Adam is suited to that role. Wingy is awful there. Howson is a centre half now and Mcnair is more box to box. Saville is Saville has a role somewhere. 

If he wants to play 4-3-3 then 100% we do. Realistically all we need in this window is a CB and maybe a winger. 

It’s obvious certain areas of the team need reinforcing/improving but those sorts of deals can wait until the summer 

• Like 2

I can totally see Bamford coming back to Boro in the summer if Leeds are promoted as don't think he'll get a chance in the premiership.

I love Paddy but I don't think he'd fit this system too well. Fletcher is a better fit in terms of pressing, chasing and harrying. Bamford wants the ball to feet, lacks pace and is a bit lazy at the running around lark.

32 minutes ago, boroie said:

I love Paddy but I don't think he'd fit this system too well. Fletcher is a better fit in terms of pressing, chasing and harrying. Bamford wants the ball to feet, lacks pace and is a bit lazy at the running around lark.

Ironically Leeds fans would describe him as the complete opposite, good work ethic but poor finisher is their summing up

Bamford is by far the best striker I’ve seen here at this level, plus he’s the only striker we’ve had who’s been any good at the lone striker role. I don’t care what his record is at Leeds or what his whole career, we had enough time to evaluate him with our own eyes as a player and at this level there isn’t much better about, I’d have him back tomorrow never mind the summer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

All they are challenged to do is create a sellable story. 

First thing I was told on the journalism module of my media studies course at Uni was "Focus on the story, not the truth."

Apparently it's fine and totally ethical to print half truths or even outright lies in order to be first to an exclusive, as a retraction can always be printed later!

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

First thing I was told on the journalism module of my media studies course at Uni was "Focus on the story, not the truth."

Apparently it's fine and totally ethical to print half truths or even outright lies in order to be first to an exclusive, as a retraction can always be printed later!

Sounds like your itk posts 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Sounds like your itk posts 😂

Well like I said, it was one of the first things I learned 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3