oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Just now, DevKWat said:

It’ll be Clayton, his agents been talking around for a while now 

hardly a utility player mate. He's barely got one good position nowadays, let alone multiple.

• Like 1

Just now, Brunners said:

hardly a utility player mate. He's barely got one good position nowadays, let alone multiple.

Was gonna say, he can't even play another role from his usual in central midfield, never mind another position entirely.

• Like 1

let's not forget Johnson and Shotton could be classed as older utility players

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

let's not forget Johnson and Shotton could be classed as older utility players

yah but originally it was said as a midfield/utility player which would rule those two out.

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

yah but originally it was said as a midfield/utility player which would rule those two out.

Johnson can play left midfield.....?

54 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Wont be Howson he joined us as he wanted to move back to Yorkshire with his young family.

He'll have to settle down in Redcar or Saltburn, none of the north of the Tees nonsense.

at this moment in time I would class McNair as our most saleable asset, not our most wanted sale but the one player I can see us getting an offer for who has no ties to the area and would bring in some funds.

McNair out pays for Roberts, i'd reluctantly get on board with that. 

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

McNair out pays for Roberts, i'd reluctantly get on board with that. 

If Roberts isn't injury prone I'd jump at that. 

Creatively Paddy gives us nothing -  solid Championship players are easy to come by. 

Roberts has that little extra, star quality, that can often change a game on it's own. He's already won us 2 penalties since joining, if I remember rightly that's already twice as many as we've had since the start of the season.

Can’t see a Prem team coming in for McNair. And I can’t see a team paying over 6 million for him. He’s not been that good. 

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Can’t see a Prem team coming in for McNair. And I can’t see a team paying over 6 million for him. He’s not been that good. 

?! he's probably our player of the season up to this point?! For the first few months of the season he was basically the only player likely to create something offensively for us. 

• Like 1

Any itk knowing if we Will get more incomings and which positions and when? 

Anything concrete? 

12 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

If Roberts isn't injury prone I'd jump at that. 

Creatively Paddy gives us nothing -  solid Championship players are easy to come by. 

Roberts has that little extra, star quality, that can often change a game on it's own. He's already won us 2 penalties since joining, if I remember rightly that's already twice as many as we've had since the start of the season.

I'd have to disagree with both parts of that statement. Paddy has been one of the few players running through walls for us this season, and some of his performances have been immense. Though I agree his penalty taking needs work!

I think most Championship managers would welcome McNair straight into their matchday 18s, and I think it would be difficult to replace his versatility and commitment. And while I agree he's not a Roberts or Ramirez-style onto-the-attack playmaker, I think he's one of the most important players in our youthful and inexperienced squad. I wouldn't let him go unless someone makes us an offer we can't refuse.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

?! he's probably our player of the season up to this point?! For the first few months of the season he was basically the only player likely to create something offensively for us. 

That’s not saying much though. I don’t think he has increased his value here. 

Just now, Borodane said:

That’s not saying much though. I don’t think he has increased his value here. 

Have any of our recent signings increased in value since they joined us?

Either way, it doesn't change Paddy's importance to our paper-thin and very youthful squad.

brum exposed our lack of real defenders last night. there goal was text book for them. get the only cb out wide against their best wide man. put one to the back post for their target man up against a 5ft 9in cm playing in defence. jukes easiest goal of the season.

if ayala was on the pitch with gibbo and fry, they wouldnt have had a sniff all game.

i was watching ry on the left and seen how uneasy he is using his left foot. he often turned back to his right foot when a nice ball down the line was on. its not good having him there. johnson was like the invisible man to. cant remember him being near fry all night. coulson will be back next game thankfully. hopefully with gibbo left side.