oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

15 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Apparently it’s there and we don’t need to sell to buy.... Gibson must have got 3 numbers on last nights lottery.

£85 must go a long way these days in football 😲

• Haha 1

It's the type of signing Gibson usually finds money for, regardless of whether he's really needed or not. 

I am abit concerned that they is no winger's linked apart from Jack Clarke as that's where we need must sign someone that is half decent so teams are abit fearful playing us!

31 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Apparently it’s there and we don’t need to sell to buy..

fairly sure JW is saying that to try and keep our players values up and not look to desperate..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I am abit concerned that they is no winger's linked apart from Jack Clarke as that's where we need must sign someone that is half decent so teams are about fearful playing us!

Doesn't Maddison play from wide?

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Doesn't Maddison play from wide?

Maybe but he doesn't really look like the typical winger the type who can run the length of the pitch and whip a cross in 

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Maybe but he doesn't really look like the typical winger the type who can run the length of the pitch and whip a cross in 

I'm not sure many of those players exist anymore to be honest. 

The modern wide player is more likely to cut inside and interchange with other players. 

26 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The modern wide player is more likely to cut inside and interchange with other players. 

Pretty much, full backs are supposed to do that job.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, Smoggydownsouth said:

Been told we want 10 for Randolph... dont see us offering terms for Ayala Howson Gestede... just because I dont think we can afford them. Clayton free to go as well I believe

Clayton definitely looking for a move and free to leave. Agent has been talking to a few clubs

29 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I say this because Boro have only really acheived success when had a good winger. As when we promoted had Adomar, reached the playoffs with Traore and even in the golden area had the English international Downing. All these players ran the length of the pitch and whipped crosses in. 

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Clayton definitely looking for a move and free to leave. Agent has been talking to a few clubs

His time has run its course here, and he's lost a lot of popularity, not sure it's a huge loss if he goes and he's still young enough to have some value.

13 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I say this because Boro have only really acheived success when had a good winger. As when we promoted had Adomar, reached the playoffs with Traore and even in the golden area had the English international Downing. All these players ran the length of the pitch and whipped crosses in. 

And Ripley...... Never forget Ripley!!! 😀

4 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Even adomah was used a lot on the left cutting in.

He is right footed so that would make sense

45 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

He is right footed so that would make sense

I meant he wasn’t always played as a ‘traditional winger’

• Like 1