oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Does he play centre mid? Cos Roberts was playing wide right and cutting In.

3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Does he play centre mid? Cos Roberts was playing wide right and cutting In.

Atlas he played 2 positions mainly CM and second striker.

Sheff U Wilder says he thinks he's a CM but he can't drop any of the CMs he has right now.

QPR he was mainly a substitute at both RW and CM.

Ostersunds he was a #10.

Kind of all over the map positionally but an attacking central midfielder seems like how he's made his name from his United youth team days.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I still remember the shock the weekend Claude Makelele scored for Chelsea. But never when Frank Lampard scored. But then you wouldn't sign Makelele to score goals or Lampard to sit in front of the defence. I don't think the point you're making is a great one, just as saying '2 goals, 2 assists' isn't on its own great either.

What is he meant to do? What position in the midfield does he play? What position is he being signed to play within the midfield? Watching him against Liverpool, I wouldn't say he's gonna be sitting in front of the back four if he signs but then Clayton wasn't the sitting midfielder when he signed either.

He’s an attacking midfielder otherwise I wouldn’t have brought up those stats, I didn’t just start watching football yesterday nor do I need a lecture on the ‘makalele role’.

"Adolfo Gaich seems to be the most desired Argentine soccer player in this pass market. After frustrating his arrival at the Belgian team, in Boedo they await a formal offer from one of the many clubs that already set their sights on him.

Who is it about? Benfica, Schalke 04, Middlesbrough and a giant from Europe. The latter is nothing more, nothing less than Manchester United. So far there was nothing concrete but until the European pass market closes, in the Cyclone they know they cannot ensure Gaich's continuity."

Reading peoples views i accept my views might not be too popular regarding Ravel but i for one am kind of excited he coming and i have no real justification for it.

There has always been something about his footballing ability that has excited me. And i feel in JW he MIGHT just have a manager who gets him. Ravel is a "jack the lad" and so was JW but it's clear JW not proud of his younger years. Therefore i think this could be a good match.

I totally get those that are against it. 100% get it. But for 6 months. I feel its a risk worth taking.

• Like 2

Seriously though, how bad do you have to be to get a 1 year contract with a club and them want you gone in 6 months and be willing to pay most of your wages for the privilege of not having you around.

This is such a poor signing I don't even have words to describe it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

"Adolfo Gaich seems to be the most desired Argentine soccer player in this pass market. After frustrating his arrival at the Belgian team, in Boedo they await a formal offer from one of the many clubs that already set their sights on him.

Who is it about? Benfica, Schalke 04, Middlesbrough and a giant from Europe. The latter is nothing more, nothing less than Manchester United. So far there was nothing concrete but until the European pass market closes, in the Cyclone they know they cannot ensure Gaich's continuity."

Benfica, Shalke, Man Utd and...Middlesbrough.

One of these is not like the others 😄

Just now, Brunners said:

Benfica, Shalke, Man Utd and...Middlesbrough.

One of these is not like the others 😄

Yeah I know, right?

....Shalke play in blue 👀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m 50/50 on Morrison, it is exciting with the potential he has but he’s just never shown it apart from that one season so why would he start now? I just hope woodgate gets a good feel for his personality while he’s up here.

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

He’s an attacking midfielder otherwise I wouldn’t have brought up those stats, I didn’t just start watching football yesterday nor do I need a lecture on the ‘makalele role’.

tenor.gif?itemid=5478685

• Like 1
  • Haha 1