Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Recommended Posts

If people seriously think that Jonathan Woodgate of all people can sort out Morrison's attitude then honestly, I have a patch of land on Jupiter to sell you.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If people seriously think that Jonathan Woodgate of all people can sort out Morrison's attitude then honestly, I have a patch of land on Jupiter to sell you.

How much 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Which isn't going to happen so on that basis why would we even bother?

nodding nod GIF by DJ Khaled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the moukoudi deal is legit and its only a 6month loan with no buy at the end I would suggest we still need one more CB with a loan to buy option if poss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

PL club, one year contract. I can definitely see him being on 25k

There are players who are still in their team having been promoted with them who won't be on that much. Sheffield United does not seem like the kind of team to reward nonexistence with a Premier League lifestyle, they weren't desperate for a player with his abilities, by all means if you're wanting to get Morrison to redevelop his career, throwing him a basic £25k a week salary is the exact opposite of what you should do.

Or maybe they're just thick as pig ***, I don't know. But we're talking about the basic salary of a player who has barely played in a decade. If it's not primarily built up from actual contributions to the team with a low basic salary, I'll be thoroughly shocked at Sheffield United's incompetence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

If the moukoudi deal is legit and its only a 6month loan with no buy at the end I would suggest we still need one more CB with a loan to buy option if poss

Sounds like there is no buy at the end. They just want him to have some experience, the lad seems highly rated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There are players who are still in their team having been promoted with them who won't be on that much. Sheffield United does not seem like the kind of team to reward nonexistence with a Premier League lifestyle, they weren't desperate for a player with his abilities, by all means if you're wanting to get Morrison to redevelop his career, throwing him a basic £25k a week salary is the exact opposite of what you should do.

Or maybe they're just thick as pig ***, I don't know. But we're talking about the basic salary of a player who has barely played in a decade. If it's not primarily built up from actual contributions to the team with a low basic salary, I'll be thoroughly shocked at Sheffield United's incompetence.

Agreed. Morrisons contract would be a basic weekly wage and heavily based on incentives. 

This website seems legitimate for wages:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/sheffield-united-f.c/payroll/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There are players who are still in their team having been promoted with them who won't be on that much. Sheffield United does not seem like the kind of team to reward nonexistence with a Premier League lifestyle, they weren't desperate for a player with his abilities, by all means if you're wanting to get Morrison to redevelop his career, throwing him a basic £25k a week salary is the exact opposite of what you should do.

Or maybe they're just thick as pig ***, I don't know. But we're talking about the basic salary of a player who has barely played in a decade. If it's not primarily built up from actual contributions to the team with a low basic salary, I'll be thoroughly shocked at Sheffield United's incompetence.

That's because they signed their contracts before Sheff Utd were in the Premier League.  Morrison signed his after promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Surely besic isn’t on that much?

I wouldn't be surprised, he was on nearly that much at Everton was he not? 

 

Wait he's still from Everton - in that case yes I think he is deffo on that much. Thought he had been sold lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7134101/aston-villa-harold-moukoudi-middlesbrough-private-jet/

Gary Gill long term target special it feels like. You'd guess the thinking is send Moukoudi to us for 6 months then when Saliba joins Arsenal in the summer he's the ready made replacement for them. Similar to Benkovic in that the benefit is limited for us beyond May but he plugs a gap in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...