oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

That's because they signed their contracts before Sheff Utd were in the Premier League.  Morrison signed his after promotion.

A couple of points to this: I don't think that every one of them would demand as much as that despite still being in the team post-promotion. I also don't think any Championship team would have offered Morrison one of the better salaries in the Championship to play for them. It just doesn't add up at all that he would be on one of the highest basic salaries in Sheffield United's wage budgets. If I was a Sheffield United player and became aware of that fact, I'd be thoroughly *** off.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

A couple of points to this: I don't think that every one of them would demand as much as that despite still being in the team post-promotion. I also don't think any Championship team would have offered Morrison one of the better salaries in the Championship to play for them. It just doesn't add up at all that he would be on one of the highest basic salaries in Sheffield United's wage budgets. If I was a Sheffield United player and became aware of that fact, I'd be thoroughly *** off.

Why doesn't it add up?  I've just said, most of their current player signed deals before they were in the Premier League.  Morrison signed his after promotion.  You don't think that makes a massive difference when negotiating contracts?  I think it makes all the difference.  I bet we had the same issues when we were promoted with our signings coming in on good money that would have been higher than some of those who were already there - and we were probably already paying a few of them decent money beforehand anyway.

I have no idea how much he's on, I just don't find it difficult to believe he'd be on that kind of money.  With no transfer fee involved it's a relatively low amount of money when your club's income has increased by as much as theirs has, with costs that probably haven't gone up much at all - unlike ours.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Why doesn't it add up?  I've just said, most of their current player signed deals before they were in the Premier League.  Morrison signed his after promotion.  You don't think that makes a massive difference when negotiating contracts?  I think it makes all the difference.  I bet we had the same issues when we were promoted with our signings coming in on good money that would have been higher than some of those who were already there - and we were probably already paying a few of them decent money beforehand anyway.

Moreso because of other points made. If his salary could add up to £25k yeah, of course... but a basic salary on a player like Morrison with his background?

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Moreso because of other points made. If his salary could add up to £25k yeah, of course... but a basic salary on a player like Morrison with his background?

It's only for a year though, and by the looks of it, it's not even going to last that long.

10 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Signing Morrison is pointless and deep down we all know how it's going to end. 

If Derby were signing him everyone on here would be writing him off. 

Come on Derby paid 5 million for Jacob Butterfield they're on their own planet when it comes to crap transfer decisions! Give use some credit at least we're committing 350k for a 5 month trial. He warrants peoples scepticism I'm sceptical myself but he's on a free for a few months, we don't score enough goals can't find room to sign a new striker so the next best thing we can hope for is an attacking midfielder out of Morrison for 5 months or McGeady for 5 months who would be better for us? Just because of what they could be and it being a write off period anyway let's see what happens with Ravel's trial imo.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Also apparently he's unfollowed Sheffield United on Twitter and started following us instead. This is great.

Yep, he's definitely following the MFC account now.  So that's a done deal.