oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I read that and the rest of the thread.  I couldn't work out what the 1 appearance would be in regards to because he's played 71 league games and 76 games in total but then I looked at it and it could be for 75 appearances if you don't include play off games, but that would seem odd to me.  It could be for 70 Championship starts as he's started 69 to date with 2 sub appearances.  Other than that I don't really see what the clause could be for, that's if it actually exists.

Might be based on a percentage of games he’s been available for selection for. Or something obscure like that.

I suspect that if we are trying to sell him it's for the same reasons we were trying to sell him in the summer - that he's on decent money, isn't all that good and will soon be out of contract.

On 12/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, DurhamRed said:

I say this because Boro have only really acheived success when had a good winger. As when we promoted had Adomar, reached the playoffs with Traore and even in the golden area had the English international Downing. All these players ran the length of the pitch and whipped crosses in. 

And Terry Cochrane in a Boro team that should have won something 

Wingers are an exciting part of any game, would love to see us bring two in, doesn't look likely 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, Pulis didn't want him apparently.

Wasn’t the word that he wanted too much money. That aside I’m sure it was more appealing to move to the French top league than go to a mid table championship club. 

I'm sure that the appearances only includes starts because we kept putting downing on the sub bench didnt we?

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-derisory-middlesbrough-midfielder-bid-laughed-off

EXCLUSIVE: Derisory Middlesbrough midfielder bid laughed off

Probably a dummy offer they knew would get rejected just so it looked like they were trying, to appease the fans. Also see the Gazette PR machine churning out recycled Ayala articles today. Must be kicking rocks in the office

There seems to be a lot of momentum building regarding randolph to west ham being nearly done, both on here and social media generally. Do any of the ITK posters on here received information about likely fee for him as general consensus seems to be that his departure is all but done?

The Peterborough chairman has in the past been complimentary about our club on more than one occasion so. Said we are a great club to deal with. Therefore good to see we not made an insulting offer as Maddison is a player i would like here. 

3 hours ago, AsheAshe said:

I'm sure that the appearances only includes starts because we kept putting downing on the sub bench didnt we?

Good point and I'd completely forgotten about that like an idiot 🤦‍♂️

74 total starts he is on so that's probably it.  I should have spotted that.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Good point and I'd completely forgotten about that like an idiot 🤦‍♂️

74 total starts he is on so that's probably it.  I should have spotted that.

That then begs the question why is he not on the bench at the very least?

52 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

There seems to be a lot of momentum building regarding randolph to west ham being nearly done, both on here and social media generally. Do any of the ITK posters on here received information about likely fee for him as general consensus seems to be that his departure is all but done?

The Peterborough chairman has in the past been complimentary about our club on more than one occasion so. Said we are a great club to deal with. Therefore good to see we not made an insulting offer as Maddison is a player i would like here. 

My understanding is that Randolph does not want to go back to West Ham as he wasn’t happy with his lot there. That came from his Dad.

Just now, TLF10 said:

That then begs the question why is he not on the bench at the very least?

Presumably because he is actually injured?  I imagine the issue would be not wanting him to start another game when he is fit so the clause isn't triggered.  They may have been willing to do it earlier in the season but now he's out for however long and is also out of contract then would they want to add another expense?  That's all assuming it's true of course.

Just now, Blanco said:

My understanding is that Randolph does not want to go back to West Ham as he wasn’t happy with his lot there. That came from his Dad.

Fathers and Sons though, it can be a tricky thing.  Look at me and Denzel.

• Haha 2